Anyone riding in san diego?

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I didn't get a T-shirt. All I got was to use some of the tools in that Felt Van packed FULL OF TOOLS!!!

Still amazed that van pulled up where it did, when it did...

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
No, I'm good Scotto-.

My feelings about T-Shirts with company logos on them is that if I'm wearing them, they should pay me for advertising!

I'm serious!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
No, I'm good Scotto-.

My feelings about T-Shirts with company logos on them is that if I'm wearing them, they should pay me for advertising!

I'm serious!
Fair enough, I figure if I advertise their bikes and products through the right channels, they will be paying me eventually. That's how I used to get sponsors in the past and everybody wins that way ;)

I try not to advertise products that I don't believe in.......why would I? For instance; I could sell you a Felt but I wouldn't give you a Huffy.

I'm dead serious. And free is still free when there is absolutely no cost to you....not even shipping.

Let's RIDE!

.wee.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Fair enough, I figure if I advertise their bikes and products through the right channels, they will be paying me eventually. That's how I used to get sponsors in the past and everybody wins that way ;)
You have a good way of thinking Scotto-. I never looked at it that way...

Still have a hair up my butt about wearing T-shirts w/ company logos...though it's been known to happen, especially because of how fast I go though T-shirts because of my work.

But I'm still good Scotto-, thought I wouldn't mind having one of those motorbicycling.com T-shirts :)

SmallEngineLover

Aug 1, 2014
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone, I just finished one of two bikes ive been working on (one for my dad and one for myself) and I was wondering if there has been any recent group rides in the san diego area.

I've seen youtube videos of hawaii's group rides and they look like alot of fun! Im not quite ready for a group ride yet but is there any intrest in setting up another group ride in the future?

- Austin

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hey smallenginelover,

I think the group rides kind of petered out. Had a few good rides over the years where a decent number of people showed up but there just doesn't seem to be enough people showing up to keep the rides going.

I think the problem was that we never hit enough local saloons during the rides...lol. Seems to work well for getting lots of peeps to show up for the L.A. rides!

SmallEngineLover

Aug 1, 2014
San Diego, CA
That makes sense! I only have 2 years to go till i can drink but a burger would be nice!

Thanks for the update, i wasnt sure what was going on, and if your ever interested in putting a ride together ill leave my email just incase: [email protected]

Thanks! -Austin

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hey Austin,
Logged your email address.
Now you got me a hankerin' to put a ride together!
What part of town do you live? Asking cause the rides can start anywhere.

And yes, the rides are usually 4 hours or so and always a stop for lunch at the turn-around. The gang did a Mai-Tai stop at a restaurant on Shelter Island once a mile or so from where the ride started. They got so snockered that they ended up ending the ride and going back home...(lightweights!)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Austin,
Logged your email address.
Now you got me a hankerin' to put a ride together!
What part of town do you live? Asking cause the rides can start anywhere.

And yes, the rides are usually 4 hours or so and always a stop for lunch at the turn-around. The gang did a Mai-Tai stop at a restaurant on Shelter Island once a mile or so from where the ride started. They got so snockered that they ended up ending the ride and going back home...(lightweights!)
Lol laff

I believe we did the mai-tai stop twice and only the lightweights got weeded out. The first one everyone had prior obligations that ended the ride after mai-tai's...

Whenever anyone want's to get a ride together, you know I'm up for it....I ride everyday!

Let's RIDE!

.wee. dnut .wee.

SmallEngineLover

Aug 1, 2014
San Diego, CA
Lol! Thats funny

I live in the east county area (santee). Its alittle hot to be riding out here and ive had a couple run ins with the authorities, but ive been lucky, they dont mind as long as im not blasting down the side walk or runing people off the bike path (i just kind of put when im not in a hurry). I just slow down around people and my bike is pretty quiet for a two stroke so that helps too

Do you guys have your bikes plated? I know the law says a m2 is required but ive played It cool and havent had trouble yet (knock on wood)

i prefer to ride some where west cause there are better rides, its alot cooler, better places to eat, the list goes on, heck i even go to school by the coast. My parents work out here, other wise we wouldnt live this far east. I am more than willing to travel.

The only problem is im building two bikes, one is complete and the other is getting there. My dad is really interested so we are building him one as well. He drives for a living and i cant drink yet but we like the idea of stopping half way for rest especially if its a 4 hour ride! r.ly.

Last edited:

daydrifter

Apr 14, 2013
banning, ca
You know we are down for a ride from banning. I know a bunch of guys up here that ride. The last 2 sandiego rides were a blast and if another one gets organized we will definetly come down. As long as there are no crazy hills of course. My bike is really heavy. Designed it for looks not function but my next bike will have both.rmfla

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
You know we are down for a ride from banning. I know a bunch of guys up here that ride. The last 2 sandiego rides were a blast and if another one gets organized we will definetly come down. As long as there are no crazy hills of course. My bike is really heavy. Designed it for looks not function but my next bike will have both.rmfla
Starting this weekend I will have Sundays off for the next two months. I'm down to ride if something gets organized.