Anyone riding in san diego?

GoldenMotor.com

spiderskzes

Oct 10, 2012
san diego
Hi been on the forum about a month. have a cruiser with a 4stroke. any rides planned anytime soon in san diego? I live in rancho bernardo and have only riden so far on the bike trail next to the 56 to torrey pines

dnut

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
im looking for a nice group ride also, i have a 2 stroke and live in la mesa, nothing fun to ride in my hood, could be fun to cruise pch, maybe from torrey pines up the coast a ways

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hawaii_87 has been organizing the group rides here in San Diego. I PM'd him not to long ago and he said he's thinking about a San Diego to O'side run soon.

When soon is I don't know so PM him and get him off his arse to organize another one.

spiderskzes

Oct 10, 2012
san diego
Hawaii_87 has been organizing the group rides here in San Diego. I PM'd him not to long ago and he said he's thinking about a San Diego to O'side run soon.

When soon is I don't know so PM him and get him off his arse to organize another one.
SD to Oside would be a sweet ride

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
SD to Oside would be a sweet ride
My buddy p_hood and I did that ride a year ago starting at 10:30pm on the tandem. It was a cold Winter night and we got back around 2:30am after a most exhilalrating ride with no issues. It's a nice day ride as well.....lot's of miles round trip ;)

Let's RIDE!

dnut

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Hmmm.....
I like this notion of another ride.
I needed to put a 60T rear sprocket on my bike so I could ride up the hill that I live on.
It now tops out at 29 - 30 MPH on level ground with a strong tail wind to help out.
I don't wanna be the tail gunner of the pack... again, and now this position seems inevitable...

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Hmmm.....
I needed to put a 60T rear sprocket on my bike so I could ride up the hill that I live on.
It now tops out at 29 - 30 MPH on level ground with a strong tail wind to help out.
I don't wanna be the tail gunner of the pack... again, and now this position seems inevitable...
Have you tried an expansion chamber? I made mine myself and it made a world of difference. To get to work I had to ride up mission center road from quallcom stadium and my bike stock would only make about 10 yards up till it died and my bike used to be too low to pedal so I was SOL. Once I made the pipe (very crude pipe btw) she pulls the whole thing thout pedaling, though I usually do at least a tiny bit because o feel bad for her...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Have you tried an expansion chamber? I made mine myself and it made a world of difference. To get to work I had to ride up mission center road from quallcom stadium and my bike stock would only make about 10 yards up till it died and my bike used to be too low to pedal so I was SOL. Once I made the pipe (very crude pipe btw) she pulls the whole thing thout pedaling, though I usually do at least a tiny bit because o feel bad for her...
G-Nut is riding a 4-stroke, expansion chambers don't work on 4-strokes ;)

spiderskzes

Oct 10, 2012
san diego
My buddy p_hood and I did that ride a year ago starting at 10:30pm on the tandem. It was a cold Winter night and we got back around 2:30am after a most exhilalrating ride with no issues. It's a nice day ride as well.....lot's of miles round trip ;)

Let's RIDE!

dnut
Yeah i would love to do that, but ive seen your bikes there's no way mine would keep up lol. What roads did you take that night?All coastal?

spiderskzes

Oct 10, 2012
san diego
Hmmm.....
HAha ill be back there with youdrn2

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Went for a ride with lksdG2 the other day... his bike pulls pretty hard

I'll be putting an expansion chamber on it when I start riding it again

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Went for a ride with lksdG2 the other day... his bike pulls pretty hard

I'll be putting an expansion chamber on it when I start riding it again
Yea but your shift kit allows you to climb hills that mine couldn't dream of...

Were you able toget your throttle cable all fixed up? Did you pick up the 4 stroke bike you mentioned?

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
It might if I put an expansion chamber on it :p

I'm going to make a new throttle cable when I get a day off

But I did get the 4 stroke. That thing is a beast, pulls hills at 35mph

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
**** yea

I'm actually looking into buying a bigger pipe like off a kx65, if those can make good power with that pipe then I'm sure my bike can benifit from it too. Maybe down the line get a high compression head then ill really be doing big things haha

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
That would be sweet. At first I was worried about the longevity of the engine if I were to put a high compression head... now I figure that the longevity of the engine isn't guaranteed either way and I might as well get the most fun I can out of it

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Yep, but first I just want to get the issues with the throttle cable settled. Then I can decide whether to pull out the welder or my wallet :p

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
haha the welder is more satisfying because its home made but bought usually gets all the R&D behind it. i forgot i did some side work for my boss a few weeks ago and he finally paid me for it yesterday so i splurged and ordered a new pipe today. i found a big yz80 pipe for 35 with free shipping so i couldnt pass it up.