Need Help? Predator

GoldenMotor.com

Jruck

Apr 1, 2012
Arkansas
I am Planning a Predator 99cc build. Want to Know what all i should buy to make it all run right. Im going to be buying a beach cruiser style frame. Im also wanting to make it for night riding. been looking for a walkthrough of sorts. any info is helpful because im a noob when it comes to motorized bicycles.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
I am Planning a Predator 99cc build. Want to Know what all i should buy to make it all run right. Im going to be buying a beach cruiser style frame. Im also wanting to make it for night riding. been looking for a walkthrough of sorts. any info is helpful because im a noob when it comes to motorized bicycles.
can you weld? make custom machined parts with a lathe or mill or simple hand tools like a grinder or files and sand paper?

Jruck

Apr 1, 2012
Arkansas
yea. i can mig and arc weld. and know my way around using a grinder files and sand paper. plus have access to friends that can run a mill and lathe

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Jruck

the easiest way is to get a comet TAV2 cvt and make a jackshaft to take care of chain to rear sprocket issues. To mount the sprocket to the rear wheel some are using a diskbrake rear rub with a sprocket drilled to match the bolt patten of a diskbrake rotor.
You will need to make your own throttle linkage as non are available premade in kit form. Also need a bushing to adapt the 5/8ths shaft on the motor to the 3/4 pulley on the cvt.

IF you want a single speed setup with a centrifical clutch there is a setup from AGK and the Qmatic from EZm