2nd Annual Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise 2016

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Figured I would post this early so folks have plenty of time to get this event marked on there calendar for next year. I will be hosting another 50 mile cruise from London Mills, IL to Wolf Covered Bridge in rural Knox County, IL. in 2016 just like we did this last month of this year. I plan for this to be an annual event and this next years event we will dub the 2nd Annual "Scarecrow Run"

I have set the date for June 11th 2016....which is the second Saturday of June. This is the same 2nd Saturday in June we scheduled and participated in the event this year.

This year we had 5 riders....but my hope or goal is to have at least 12 riders for next years event.

I have posted this way early so folks will have almost 10 months to plan for this event. Our friend 2door drove around 2000 miles roundtrip to come participate in this event....so I will be curious to see if anyone will ever be able to top that?

Please respond to this post if you would like to participate. Of course we won't hold you to it because all sorts of things can come up to mess up ones plans, but it really helps with planning if I can get a rough idea of how many to expect in advance of the event taking place.

More details to follow.........

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
To start this off...my brother has just built a motorized bike and looks forward to joining in next years event. He was hoping to join this years ride, but didn't have his bike built in time. However he will be good to go for the 2016 ride. So that makes two including me! Now lets find at least ten more.LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
"Who knows what the tide will bring" (Tom Hanks, Cast Away)

Nevertheless I had a grand trip this year. Not only did I attend the 'First Annual' but got to spend some time with an old friend in Collinsville. Looking forward to next June I can see myself doing it again. Pencil me in, Ray.

But next time I'm carrying my own water bottle :)

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
"Who knows what the tide will bring" (Tom Hanks, Cast Away)

Nevertheless I had a grand trip this year. Not only did I attend the 'First Annual' but got to spend some time with an old friend in Collinsville. Looking forward to next June I can see myself doing it again. Pencil me in, Ray.

But next time I'm carrying my own water bottle :)

Tom
Tom

You are living my dream brother! To be able to just jump in the truck and drive hours to participate in the small things in life that one sees as worthwhile food for the soul.....well that is living my friend and a trait to be admired by all the bench sitters, hem hawers and tire kickers in this world !

Yea...your water hauler was terrible!!!! You should have fired him!LOL

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Pencil me in as a strong 'probably'. I've never been to Illinois, except for business. Would be nice to see the better part of the state!

And Tom, I'll be in your neck of the woods sometime in the second week of September.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Pencil me in as a strong 'probably'. I've never been to Illinois, except for business. Would be nice to see the better part of the state!

And Tom, I'll be in your neck of the woods sometime in the second week of September.
Mark, If we can make this work maybe we should explore convoying to Illinois. Meet up somewhere, maybe Missouri and truck in together.

And yes, by all means if you're in the Denver area, let me know. There's s steak dinner waiting here for you.

Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'm interested and would like to be a part of your event. It could be that it would co-ordinate with a trip to the east coast to see daughter and grand kids. I'd sure like to, but too iffy at this point for you to pencil me in. We'll see what unfolds.
SB

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
What a fantastic response guys! Hope the date works out for everyone? I wanted to get this out early so everyone has plenty of time to sweeten up the boss at work or the boss at home who may not think you need a day off to go partake in this cruise. You got better then 10 months to win them over!

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Thinking perhaps we should do a poker run type cruise. I will see if I can get one of the china girl dealers to help sponsor our event by selling me a kit at cost some time between now and close to our event date. Thought maybe I would try to get a black engine kit and then take one of the side covers off and take to an engraver before our event and get some engraving done that would read "2nd Annual Scarecrow Run June 11 2016"

What we would do is everyone would draw from a deck of cards before we leave. We would then take three rest stops along the way and each draw a card at each stop. Once we return to starting location we would draw the fifth and final card. Whoever has the best poker hand will win the engraved china girl engine kit.

Might drag a few extra people out to join us if the event is sweetened up with a good chance to win a little 66cc China Honey engine with some fancy engraving that memorializes our event ?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Thinking perhaps we should do a poker run type cruise. I will see if I can get one of the china girl dealers to help sponsor our event by selling me a kit at cost some time between now and close to our event date. Thought maybe I would try to get a black engine kit and then take one of the side covers off and take to an engraver before our event and get some engraving done that would read "2nd Annual Scarecrow Run June 11 2016"

What we would do is everyone would draw from a deck of cards before we leave. We would then take three rest stops along the way and each draw a card at each stop. Once we return to starting location we would draw the fifth and final card. Whoever has the best poker hand will win the engraved china girl engine kit.

Might drag a few extra people out to join us if the event is sweetened up with a good chance to win a little 66cc China Honey engine with some fancy engraving that memorializes our event ?
Sounds like a fantastic idea, but I wouldn't be paying for one! Make them give it to ya and have them sponsor the meet ha! I'd be more inclined to buy from someone who sponsored us!