Diamondback Response Sport

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That's the same motor that I have, only I painted mine black. It will fit just fine. I don't know if the carb will clear with the stock intake. I have always had a manic ported intake, which brings the carb closer to the motor. If it's a 22'' frame then you should be fine, my bike is a 19'' frame.

Remember to switch out all your engine hardware, and swap your chain for either a 415 or #41 chain, the 410 chain is crap. Get a decent spark plug and remove the muffler baffle and you'll have a pretty good start.

mxer115

Aug 11, 2011
az
Here again.... I actually ordered the standard 66cc with the NT carb. I heard the other is a pos. I will Let yall know when it comes in....bf.

mxer115

Aug 11, 2011
az
OK so i am trying to put this bad boy together and the stupid rear wheel is 32 spoke no way of getting the adapter on? what do i do

mxer115

Aug 11, 2011
az
That's the same motor that I have, only I painted mine black. It will fit just fine. I don't know if the carb will clear with the stock intake. I have always had a manic ported intake, which brings the carb closer to the motor. If it's a 22'' frame then you should be fine, my bike is a 19'' frame.

Remember to switch out all your engine hardware, and swap your chain for either a 415 or #41 chain, the 410 chain is crap. Get a decent spark plug and remove the muffler baffle and you'll have a pretty good start.
I took off the tip of the muffler and put a 2.5 inch turn down from a car on... the bike was great till i blew up the rear wheel. Ok so now i have been trying to find the right wheels and i cant find a wheel with a multi rear sprocket. I would like worksmans but i wish i could just transfer my sprocket onto the new wheel. anyone have a link? The only place i found there all out of stock... already put two gallons through the bike... meanwhile new electronics and spark plug as well as grips.... oh already put a rear rack on the back of her tooo holds my 1 gallon tank great..

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
this is so a threadjack lol....at least i admit it...F-rod...i built that bike we were talkin about....

we gotta ride soon .wee.
I like the way that came out, looks good. Went back to the 36T I see. I could sure use a nice cruise. I'll check my schedule and I'll let you know. :)

I'm just waiting for my rear caliper adapter to arrive so I can reclaim my thread. :p

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
This thread is officially mine again :p

Dual 180mm Disc Brakes . . . no top hat adapter. . . no shift kit. Front has always been there, finally got around to the rear.

UNBELIEVABLE BRAKING POWER :)

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Here are the most recent updates to my MB. . .

Over the last week I have added the following parts, nothing major, just a few cosmetic changes!

I added some BMX style "bear trap" pedals

I got tired of the 1" rise in my handlebars, so I swapped for a 22" handlebar with no rise.

Then, my sprung cruiser seat needed to be put back on the cruiser, so I put on this Specialized Milano seat.

I don't think that there's much more I do with this thing, the list is rather short now. Oh well, till the next update; Hope you guys Like ! :)

Complete list of mods :
- dual-disc brakes
- Kings 34T sprocket
- MM ported intake
- Dax RT carburetor
- SBP ex. chamber
- SBP plug wire/ NGK iridium plug
- fully port matched and polished
- H.P. Roller Wheel by Steampunk
- Lightened clutch plate/ pucks
- 12.9 grade metric hardware all around
- + all the cosmetic stuff

Last edited:

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
That looks amazing!!

Do you think you could take some pics of the rear disc/sprocket set-up? I have this exact bike in an 18" frame, and I always figured it would be impossible to get the rear end sorted out. So some details dealing with the back wheel would be enormously helpful.

Also, what engine mounts did you use?

Thanks!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
That looks amazing!!

Do you think you could take some pics of the rear disc/sprocket set-up? I have this exact bike in an 18" frame, and I always figured it would be impossible to get the rear end sorted out. So some details dealing with the back wheel would be enormously helpful.

Also, what engine mounts did you use?

Thanks!
I didn't take project progress pictures, just the finished product pics.

dual-disc-brakes

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Nice bike, man!

I also got a Diamondback Response w/18" frame. I installed 203mm AVID BB7 discs front and rear. The large disc clears the frame by 1/8". I always worry about the slightest road object jamming the rear disc, so I'm replacing it with a smaller-diameter BB7 disc.

I agree with you that the brakes are awesome. The bike itself is a dependable and predictable performer.dance1

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Nice bike, man!

I also got a Diamondback Response w/18" frame. I installed 203mm AVID BB7 discs front and rear. The large disc clears the frame by 1/8". I always worry about the slightest road object jamming the rear disc, so I'm replacing it with a smaller-diameter BB7 disc.

I agree with you that the brakes are awesome. The bike itself is a dependable and predictable performer.dance1
Thanks,

I was considering 203's but I didn't like the clearance. 180mm or 185mm will work out for you fine; Depending on your setup. Your right about the bike being predictable. I like to call it a "little R6" with the square frame design it's kinda like the Delta box frame offered only on the Yamaha R6 and R1. This bike knows what I want to do before I do it. Very good bike for and all around build (speed/power, handling, braking)

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
"Complete list of mods :
- dual-disc brakes
- Kings 34T sprocket
- MM ported intake
- Dax RT carburetor
- SBP ex. chamber
- SBP plug wire/ NGK iridium plug
- fully port matched and polished
- H.P. Roller Wheel by Steampunk
- Lightened clutch plate/ pucks
- 12.9 grade metric hardware all around
- + all the cosmetic stuff "

Hey, what max speed are you getting out of your bike?

What acceleration do you get with the 34t sprocket?

Is there any difference between the iridium spark plug and the normal BP6HS NGK? Which is better and why? Do you have the iridium bpr7hix or the bpr6hix?

Does the exhaust/expansion champer add anything to the performance? Since the SBP exhaust costs so much, I want to do something with the stock exhaust to achieve the same performance if possible.

What does "fully port matched and polished" mean?

And what's an HP roller?

Do you recommend I get all the hardware kit from SBP?

Does the MM ported intake add to performance? Which intake do you have - the boost bottle one or the one without the boost bottle hole?

Lol I am new, but nice mods you have there.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Gera229,

Q.- Hey, what max speed are you getting out of your bike?
A.- On the right day I can see speeds in the mid-40's

Q.- What acceleration do you get with the 34t sprocket?
A.- It has great acceleration from a stand still and to max speed

Q.- Is there any difference between the iridium spark plug and the normal BP6HS NGK? Which is better and why? Do you have the iridium bpr7hix or the bpr6hix?
A.- Google spark plug comparison for your answers. I have both Iridium plugs, I have the 6 in there now.

Q.- Does the exhaust/expansion champer add anything to the performance? Since the SBP exhaust costs so much, I want to do something with the stock exhaust to achieve the same performance if possible.
A.- The expansion chamber is the single best performance mod that you can do. There is no substitute!

Q.- What does "fully port matched and polished" mean?
A.- Do a forum search for your answers :)

Q.- And what's an HP roller?
A.- High performance idler wheel, the kit wheels are crap.

Q.- Do you recommend I get all the hardware kit from SBP?
A.- Since this is your 1st time, YES. :)

Q.- Does the MM ported intake add to performance? Which intake do you have - the boost bottle one or the one without the boost bottle hole?
A.- Yes, it adds a little performance. More consistent performance then stock. No tap hole, boost bottles are a joke, there only designed to take your money, nothing else.

If you have any further questions please start your own new thread so you can get multiple answers. :)

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I think that by now SBP has worked out all the bugs. So, I'm going for it. I'll be getting a shift kit very soon. I am Happy with my bike the way it is already, but, I would like the shift kit so my engine doesn't break much of a sweat when I ride to and from Denver, and on the DAR's. The increased reliability and ability to go just as fast @ lower rpm's is what has me sold. Plus, I think that it will be fun and a totally different experience being able to utilize the gears (single gear is getting boring), I can't wait.

Pics to follow. . . .shft.