Early 1940's AMF Board track project.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
This is my first attempt at an engine mount. it will bolt around the frame and will have slotted mounting plates to adjust chain alignment. Between this and the manic sprocket adapter I should be able to eliminate the tensioner all together. Thanks to the built in chain tension bolts in the frame.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Finally got my engine mounts back from the cutter. I hope I'll have time to weld them next week.
I also noticed that I'll have to make a notch in the oil tank to clear the chain.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I missed this build..thats a nice looking bike you got going. Did you ever find a disc hub or did You go with a clamp on sprocket?

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I missed this build..thats a nice looking bike you got going. Did you ever find a disc hub or did You go with a clamp on sprocket?
No, I decided to give the Manic sprocket adapter from Pirate cycles a try.
Also the project will be on hold untill spring ,when the shed gets warm enough to work in again.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Well it got warm enough to dig my way to the shed and do some welding.
So my engine mount is finished . The whole mount and engine can be removed by removing 5 bolts. the whole engine assembly can be pulled from the bike with a hole 1/8 of an inch clearance without the carb on.

I hope to have it together by the end of the week. I'm weighting for a new longer spark plug wire to reach the electrics that I'm mounting in the rear tank.
And yes I know. Ugly welds.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Ok, I couldn't help myself.
It's all together except for the electrics and the tuned pipe.
Hear is how it looks after a mile ride with the clutch in to check the chain alignment . It was spot on.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Man! Another totally awesome bike here. I gotta say this: I was lurking back in late '08 I think it was. I joined sometime in early 2010. As I've watched, more and more bikes are created that are more beautifully crafted than before. An artform is evolving that has become a lot of fun to watch.

It hit me that, with enough money, you could faithfully replicate an early teens motorbike. Right here on this site are people who make custom drop-loop frames. Some make custom tanks. Some restore leather seats. And a company I learned about through this site, Timeless Motors, faithfully replicates the old-style engines. Evolution in motion (albeit we're moving toward the past). So much amazing stuff. I'm very glad I joined.

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
very very nice bike congrats man! is it confy to ride? I get a sour back because of that boardtrack layed down position