gas/oil mixture

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Something I find interesting is we china girl riders are so anal about break in oil ratios, but a Tomos moped, which has the same nikasil cylinder as a china girl, is recommended to run 50:1 even for break in. They mention in their owners manual that nikasil is so hard that the only thing you're really breaking in are the rings.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Sorry I didn't answer I'm away from home, just search plug chop in the search box near the top of this page you will find plenty of info.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I use Lucas Oil Semi Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil 8 oz to a gl 16:1(one cup) been doing this for over 3 years very little smoke would I get more horse power using more oil? the spark plug shows no oil at all I'm running a cns high performance carburetor with a expansion chamber (banana exhaust) on a 66cc and what mark should i put the carburetor needle at there are 5 markings on it and what what octane of gasoline should I use xct2
WoW!

OK... all I can say is your success would lead me to believe you should not change a thing!

rc

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
biknut, from what I understand these Chinagirl cylinders have a hard chrome plating. Hard chrome cost less than than nikasil and is not nearly as durable.
Also, with Nikasil you do break in the bore as well as the piston rings. The nickle wears off leaving the silicon carbide behind. This action of removing the nickle aids in the break in process slightly as it is a sacrificial material aiding in the marrying of the piston rings to the cylinder wall.