What is OPTI-2

GoldenMotor.com

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
"Helps you to lose weight while increasing stamina. Your wife will thank you!"

Can you say "infomercial?" We are gonna get rich! (or poor trying)
Let me be the first to buy your first can! That reminds me something about WD-40. I think, and this has been a long time ago ( the early 80s ) that somebody claimed WD could even treat, and reverse early skin cancer!!?? Never got to try that claim though!

Peace, James

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Let me be the first to buy your first can! That reminds me something about WD-40. I think, and this has been a long time ago ( the early 80s ) that somebody claimed WD could even treat, and reverse early skin cancer!!?? Never got to try that claim though!

Peace, James
So will liquid nitrogen. At least that's what the doc uses on my scalp. I get annual treatments, burns like heck. Maybe I should try a mixture of WD and Opti myself and avoid the pain. I'll report back with results.

Tom

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I used it on my blinker bearings, and now they blink WAY too fast. Is there a good way to remove OPTI-2 from the bearings? I tried Simple Green, but it just slid off, that stuff is too good! :-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I used it on my blinker bearings, and now they blink WAY too fast. Is there a good way to remove OPTI-2 from the bearings? I tried Simple Green, but it just slid off, that stuff is too good! :-||
You were supposed to dilute it to a 100:1 mix first. Now you'll never get it off. :)

Tom

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
It won't be long before someone says it's not good for computer fans and they will never try it. :)

By the way, my previous post is the absolute truth. I'm not making it up.

Tom
Tom,
I wouldn't use it at a 100:1 ratio on computer fans. Everybody knows that computer fans need 25:1 ratio.

Maybe one day I'll try this product. It took me a while and numerous oil analysis reports to feel comfortable with 12,500 mile oil change intervals on my vehicles so maybe one day I'll take the leap with Optilube....perhaps if an optilube user would buy me a new engine if it died within 1000 miles of initial usage.

Last edited:

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
LMAO, Dan, you mentioned lubricates tire jack-
i used optimol mixed gas to lube my Hi-Lift Jackall,i was desperate,middle of nowwhere and darn jack want working.all gummed up.gave it a slosh of my mixed chainsaw gas and it never worked so good!
my running opti-2 also,but issues with jetting/crap carb are keeping me from regular rides.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Found opti 4 in a garden supply store that deals in Stihl and Echo equipment.

I asked if he had any Opti 2, he said "no, there is no demand for it."
I said: "Well, I'm demanding it!"

I found it really odd that a place that sells 2 cycle equipment sells 4 cycle opti and the 2 cycle stuff they don't sell because nobody wants it???

This makes NO SENSE!
This is the only place that has any Opti '*' at all.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Found opti 4 in a garden supply store that deals in Stihl and Echo equipment.

I asked if he had any Opti 2, he said "no, there is no demand for it."
I said: "Well, I'm demanding it!"

I found it really odd that a place that sells 2 cycle equipment sells 4 cycle opti and the 2 cycle stuff they don't sell because nobody wants it???

This makes NO SENSE!
This is the only place that has any Opti '*' at all.
Check a local tool rental place. If they have 2 cycle lawn/garden equipment they might sell Opti-2. I get my Opti from a place that sells and uses it in all their rental 2 cycle tools. They have the full line, Opti-2 and 4 as well as the injection type and they have one for diesel engines too. Never saw a diesel weed whacker but.... :)

Tom

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
I looked online, and according to the interwebz, that store I went to is the only place that has it at all, maybe I will try the rental place.

Failing that, I will get some Amsoil Dominator or similar.

The other thing I want is castor oil, I'll bet I have a hard time finding that too.
(Is it just me, or am I the only one who spends a lot of time looking for obscure products that nobody has?)

I can get everything I need by mail, but the S&H usually costs 4-5 times the value of the product, whereas you Americans can get S&H for usually less than the retail price of product.
(ironically it would be (is) cheaper to send it from China, I get stuff mega cheap, free shipping from China fairly often.)

Canada post sucks!
Canadians can't compete in the mail order biz, unless it's high value goods.

If I really want Opti 2, I guess I will 'DEMAND' it at the garden supply store I was at, perhaps they can get me some, or the rental place.

PS, I will hit some more motorcycle dealers too, I found the Amsoil stuff there, Canadian Tire has Amsoil too, but can't remember the sub-types.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
its obvious to me that the dealer selling opti 4 doesent have a very high opinion of opti-2
or there's a better margin with stihl 2 cycle oil.

the reason there's no demand is he doesent have any.a case of 25 or whatever pouches cant be that much money.
any salesperson/business owner worth his salt wont let a customer leave emptyhanded.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Perhaps I will try to get some Opti 2 ordered (or not?) when I order a Stihl wrist pin needle bearing.

As of now, my choice is made for my best alternative.
Amsoil Dominator.

Type into a search engine for best 2 cycle oil, Amsoil comes up a lot.
Can't find sabre yet locally.

Who knows, maybe Amsoil is better than Opti 2?

Opinions?

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
On page 18
(I think I read some of this, not all)

How much do you pay for this in US, in Canada?

I saw Opti 4 for $9.95CDN at the garden supply.

Edit add:
I called this garden supply store and I was told I would have to buy 48 bottles of Opti 2!
Not gonna do that. They told me it just did not sell and they don't carry it anymore.
If I can't find any I guess I am going to have to suck it up and pay the exhorbitant S&H to ship it to Canada.
I actually wish they could sell me the packets and not the bulky packaging in order to reduce the size of the package dimensions. Some sites sell it by the packets, but most of them don't let me calculate shipping charges.

I feel like emailing interlube to ask if they supply anyone else in my city, or what I can get it from them for.

Good news!
I can get it elsewhere in the province (New Brunswick) only 40+ miles away!
Why the (insert bad 4 letter word of your choice here> ____ ) do other cities in the province have multiple dealers and my city has only one that doesn't carry Opti 2 but has Opti 4?
The store in question is 'Halifax Seed' on Rothesay Ave, Saint John NB.

Back to the good news, My Dad goes to, or has connections that that can pick it up for me and bring it to town.

Curious, any members here from Saint John?

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
With everything being said and debated, WHAT? ratio of mix do I run in a new engine, never started rebuilt outta da box, PK68.5/80cc, New Puch 70cc Hi Hi comp head, Delorto carb, new wrist pin bearing, jnm exaust header,Jaguar cdi & coil, expansion chamber exaust pipe.
This is what I'am building and want to get it right! 1911 Indian tribute as you can see it isn't quite done but I don't want to tare it all done if something was over looked or didn't do something right.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
With everything being said and debated, WHAT? ratio of mix do I run in a new engine, never started rebuilt outta da box, PK68.5/80cc, New Puch 70cc Hi Hi comp head, Delorto carb, new wrist pin bearing, jnm exaust header,Jaguar cdi & coil, expansion chamber exaust pipe.
This is what I'am building and want to get it right! 1911 Indian tribute as you can see it isn't quite done but I don't want to tare it all done if something was over looked or didn't do something right.
I recommend 20:1, the same as if breaking in a brand new engine.