• NO!~ Your insane~

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Absolutly ~! Spectator only

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
OK here it is I have now spent an additional $70 on boards and screws for a table... a work surface for wing building!!!

Only workshop table with six MABs stored under it.

Because I said I was

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
In this world we have to take chances, sometimes they’re worth it and sometimes they’re not, but I’m telling you now, you will never know until you try to make a motorized bicycle fly!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
In this world we have to take chances, sometimes they’re worth it and sometimes they’re not, but I’m telling you now, you will never know until you try to make a motorized bicycle fly!
And here's a selection of intrepid chaps who did just that :)

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
At some point I will post a build thread. But I have no idea what MAB will be flying and I have not started to build the machine.

To move the thread along I will give you a peek at my wing construction under way.

Attachments

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
ok then lol can I throw my hat into this match??????? im building a very scary fast machine im hoping to break 55 MPH and if I add wings rudder and a prop to run after takeoff I think I can do it if your with me say **** yea

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
ok then lol can I throw my hat into this match??????? im building a very scary fast machine im hoping to break 55 MPH and if I add wings rudder and a prop to run after takeoff I think I can do it if your with me say **** yea
Bring it! Sounds deadly I like it! What color? **** yea

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Well noting but rain here. Good thing I have some wood and can start cutting parts for the tail section.

Thinking about a friction drive on the rear wheel power a belt to spin the propeller. I am building wings and tail parts with no real idea how it is going to fit.

Having a really good time of it too!

Attachments

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Just add wings :)
Here wizzkid and I were sketching out what was next while we were cutting spars for the ribs. He would draw I would write over the top of him.

Cant even express in words how much fun is been!

Intrepid you see how close what we had drawn is to your post?

Attachments

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Well what do you know :)

The work you've done on the wings is looking so good. My Dad was in the airforce (RNZAF) and was very much into making flying models of all kinds. Seeing the ribs and spars laid out for your wings reminds me so much of what my Dad would build on the kitchen table.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
LOL, that first pic.
"Oh my look there, some epoxy!"

Its lookin real good man. Is there much to go before skinning?