So Cal Race on Oct. 22 at Grange

GoldenMotor.com

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Heck I hope you run like greased lightning I'm not a hater I just wont to go faster then last time at Willow Springs and if that happens and I can keep the front wheel down at the starting line grate and if your looking at the back of my helmet even better!!! but on the real it would be nice if you could make it to the event even if you go all Wily Coyote rocket bike on my butt so come on down we'll sort it out on the track.
best wishes to you and your family

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Dropped by the pocket bike races last Sunday. Whew!! The dad's love to build fast fast little wheeled bikes. Add to that the short kidos have a great weight to power ratio! 65mph on a 700' straight. Zooomm . , . , _ . Love the smell of fast beautiful 2 strokes and the thunderous thumpers. Can't wait till Grange. You guys better have some new fanciful tech I can palagarize.

But, just as neat, weaseled my way into their scoring situation. Nothing to it. Surprisingly, it's pretty much what we were attempting last June at Willow, we just needed a bit more continuity. Gonna get some forms typed up maybe make it easier. Mainly though, don't want any fudging in the man talk. If I get 9th place, by golly I want everyone to know I got 9th place and not just a blowing.

MagRider, actually don't have a background in RCs yet BattleBot sounds familiar, OK, fighting robots, cool. An e-bike is just big Lipo bricks wired together, get the best ESC (controller) on the market, and somehow get the e-motor mounted and chained to rear wheel.

Really don't have quite the torque/ponies to mount a challenge on 'ole #8, ahh hem, mean #1, but will get better starts, shave 10sec off laps and mix it up just fine. Watch out, I'm bad about squeezing your brakes if you get close 'nough. heh heh he
xct2 Come on kitty

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
hey Saulty, I remember AstroFlight made planter gear reduction assemblies that would attach to their motors, this was part of their Robotic Combat line.

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
Hi yal, suck the original post closed but whatevers clever! Just wondering about the safety gear, can I get a list of all those so I can prep ahead of time so I dont show up there, see the list then, and find out I need elbow pads??? Can I just wear a leather jacket and some good quality levi's? .wee.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Hi yal, suck the original post closed but whatevers clever! Just wondering about the safety gear, can I get a list of all those so I can prep ahead of time so I dont show up there, see the list then, and find out I need elbow pads??? Can I just wear a leather jacket and some good quality levi's? .wee.
gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, helmet, glasses or goggles, closed toe shoes, pants, long sleeve shirt, are required attire. a leather jacket will still need elbow pads, Levi's will still need knee pads. I am pretty confident the helmet must be a 'DOT' helmet.

on another note, there is nothing stating the thickness of the pads or what material they must be made from.

Also, if your racing in my class you should wear a dust mask.

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, helmet, glasses or goggles, closed toe shoes, pants, long sleeve shirt, are required attire. a leather jacket will still need elbow pads, Levi's will still need knee pads. I am pretty confident the helmet must be a 'DOT3' helmet.

on another note, there is nothing stating the thickness of the pads or what material they must be made from.

Also, if your racing in my class you should wear a dust mask.
'DOT3' helmet? 'Department Of Transportation approved helmet-'DOT3' is a grade of brake fluid . At Willow Springs I used skate board elbow pads, carpet layers knee pads, sun glassless knuckle plated gloves DOT helmet and my leather jacket. after I saw a dude's track rash up and down his back I grabbed my cow hide asphalt leaves marks so suit up and show up and live to do what you do on Monday!
laff

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
as far as helmets go, anything other than a bicycle helmet is approved (as far as i know. i mean, at willow and the deathrace anyways, but niel the lawgiver will utlimately set the rules.)

a track approved helmet, snell, DOT, or otherwise (like a motocross, kart, simpson, etc) should be worn.

no bicycle helmets, skateboard, or "novelty" peanut shell helmets should be allowed.

it's your head, you should protect it. worse case scenario, your head hits the ground, then magrider rams into the back of your skull while he's lapping you. you'll probably want something more than tupperware for that.

but, i'm still not racing or making the rules, so who knows? for all i know, you can wear a salad bowl on your head and be "legal."

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
as far as helmets go, anything other than a bicycle helmet is approved (as far as i know. i mean, at willow and the deathrace anyways, but niel the lawgiver will utlimately set the rules.)

a track approved helmet, snell, DOT, or otherwise (like a motocross, kart, simpson, etc) should be worn.

no bicycle helmets, skateboard, or "novelty" peanut shell helmets should be allowed.

it's your head, you should protect it. worse case scenario, your head hits the ground, then magrider rams into the back of your skull while he's lapping you. you'll probably want something more than tupperware for that.

but, i'm still not racing or making the rules, so who knows? for all i know, you can wear a salad bowl on your head and be "legal."
A salad bowl with a sneeze guard

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Much of my safety gear comes from Lowe's Home Improvement. I've wondered about those full coverage downhill helmets, think their rating starts with an 'S' but dunno. I'd bring your favorite helmet and borrow a motorcycle DOT helmet and see what works out at the track.

Having well displayed number plates is helpful to our gallant volunteers.

Gads, I'm loving fabbing and building my new 'secret weapon' almost as much as race day!
.wee.Will

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
'DOT3' helmet? 'Department Of Transportation approved helmet-'DOT3' is a grade of brake fluid . At Willow Springs I used skate board elbow pads, carpet layers knee pads, sun glassless knuckle plated gloves DOT helmet and my leather jacket. after I saw a dude's track rash up and down his back I grabbed my cow hide asphalt leaves marks so suit up and show up and live to do what you do on Monday!
laff
If you've got a $5 head....wear a $5 helmet. That's my take on helmets, but it's your head.

dnut

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
in the 60's bell helmet's ad stated ''if you have a $10 head buy a $10 helmet'' so with inflation my head is worth...58cents? same as my age

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
in the 60's bell helmet's ad stated ''if you have a $10 head buy a $10 helmet'' so with inflation my head is worth...58cents? same as my age
in the 60's gold was $32 an oz. now $1,600 an oz. 50 X more is you need a $290 helmet!!!
I have a hand me down helmet so I would deduce that the years have been better to your gourd then mine but I still have my hair on it not the color it started out as. Racing is not by age group it's by motor type-no DOT helmet no racing. DOT is the standard and can be a half helmet, open face or full face $1 or a $1,000 but you know as well as I do that defecation happens!!!.duh.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
so how many people are actually going? there's what, 10 or so people on this thread?

anyone else?
If I had the funds I would simply show up anyway theres more to life than just racing. I mean its more than just racing. It would be nice to meet some forum members pick brains on tuning, builds craftsmanship camaraderie etc.

If your ever in this neck of the woods theres always the streets. Honestly I gave up drinking but I sure as heck would have some beers for ya bro! Prolly for the rare occasion even drink a couple too. There are those rare exceptions brodder. I still like giving you S#!$:Dbut your a kewl cat.. Your always welcome over here..

Serious you've got some damn fine bikes and perfect craftsmanship. Hats off to ya lets try some escape from that sea air some time!;) (^)dnut

Last edited: