So Cal Race on Oct. 22 at Grange

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
These are the only available race numbers for gas bikes.

eBikes are using #100 to #140

Going to open up registration and payment any day....

If you aren't coming to any more SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing events and want to give your number up that you used at the Willow Springs Race let me know.
Thanks

#4 Tre_in_L.A. Taylar BTR 6.5 hp Harbor Freight
#18 Kristof 2 Stroke
#72 Gbrebes 5 hp Briggs
to
#98 nashmoto 4 Stroke Honda 50 cc GXH

Only 47 days to the Grange Race.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
One of the few race rules is no motorcycle tires. Here is an update
allowing 20" Pirelli ML 75 tires to be used.

etard # 101 ebike rider at the June 18th Willow Springs Race
used these 20" Pirelli ML 75 Moped tires on standard bicycle rims.

Pirelli ML75 Scooter Tires - KneeDraggers.com
These tires are inexpensive and should be long lasting. One
of the reasons for not allowing motorcycle tires is the cost.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
One of the few race rules is no motorcycle tires. Here is an update
allowing 20" Pirelli ML 75 tires to be used.

etard # 101 ebike rider at the June 18th Willow Springs Race
used these 20" Pirelli ML 75 Moped tires on standard bicycle rims.

Pirelli ML75 Scooter Tires - KneeDraggers.com
These tires are inexpensive and should be long lasting. One
of the reasons for not allowing motorcycle tires is the cost.

The Cost: BS

I see we are now allowed to use moped tires due them not costing much, I was under the assumption the reason was due to the variable compounds available. This is a bike race not a moped race or a mini bike race. I feel this is not fair to the racers that will be using BICYCLE Tires.

What are other people thoughts on this subject?

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
The Cost: BS

I see we are now allowed to use moped tires due them not costing much, I was under the assumption the reason was due to the variable compounds available. This is a bike race not a moped race or a mini bike race. I feel this is not fair to the racers that will be using BICYCLE Tires.

What are other people thoughts on this subject?
well I got bike tires -and many mods I hope that I have an advantage if not maybe next time but I'm going to race hard and have fun!
I've got my weight down that's probably unfair to someone

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i agree with jeff. Cost shouldn't be a factor at all. "expensive" is a relative term. for a guy that makes 6 figures a year, motorcycle tires are cheap. for another guy who can't afford a quarter to fill up his tires at am/pm, motorcycle tire prices are astronomical.

i thought the tire limitations were based on not being standard bicycle equipment, not your income bracket.

besides that, i don't really care what tires people run. they could run a kojak slick with a duct-tape liner for all i care...:)

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
i agree with jeff. Cost shouldn't be a factor at all. "expensive" is a relative term. for a guy that makes 6 figures a year, motorcycle tires are cheap. for another guy who can't afford a quarter to fill up his tires at am/pm, motorcycle tire prices are astronomical.

i thought the tire limitations were based on not being standard bicycle equipment, not your income bracket.

besides that, i don't really care what tires people run. they could run a kojak slick with a duct-tape liner for all i care...:)
heck I'm not even sure there any better except there less likely to go flat if you run over something

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As long as only 20" tires of this description and only run in the unlimited class do I see this as acceptable....o-wise, no MC tires should be allowed. That's not a cost factor thing, this is a motorized bicycle thing, keyword........bicycle.

dnut

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Do they even make a 26"X1.25 " motorcycle tire? - if I remember right the hole tire thing was about the hook worm tire that was like a motorcycle tire in that it had different rubber compounds in the tread and side walls and was modeled after a motorcycle tire - I like plain old brick pattern nylon tires they hold vary well through the corners

dnutdnut

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Cost is one thing....the Pirreli Ml75's are less expensive than a Hookworm.
build a bike with 20" wheels if you really wana race.

Its a better tire all the way around. & a huge safty/confidence booster.

As for "whats the differance between a motorcycle & a bicycle?".....putting a motor on a bicycle makes it a moped in 99% of the world. a motorcycle has no pedals. all the rest is semantics. 20" wheels 27"wheels they are all varialbles & there is no such thing as "cheating" at this stage of the game.

I will subordinate to any rules, But I will to run on the pirrellis anyday before a "bicycle" tire in a racing senario where the only thing between me & sliding along the ground is that contact patch of rubber.

Something to gravitate toward in the future is ellimination of the variators in the drive train.....Karting got rid of the CVT's years ago to keep costs down & Karts afforable.
Single speed will level the playing feild dramaticly. (some race tracks even specify gearing in the spec classes to promote "fairness" LOL)

I am hoping to have a shiftable 50cc china-girl there also. May even run it with Bicycle tires LOL! just to keep it fun & to help Bairdco out with apeasing the "Racing gods" with their pound of flesh
.bf.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
I slept in and just got up. I'm already tired of the tire thing.

I'm thinking about nitro-methane 1 dnutor 2% any one have experience with it?

Samford&Son

Apr 26, 2011
Riverside, Ca
TIRED OR TIRE TALK?....I think i might race on the rims of my bike just to give you guys a chance!!! hahah

Scotto...hey i cant remember the color of my tie because i was going so fast..surely you could help me out...you were behind me the whole race!!!

....in serious news, i hope you bring the tandem again because i bought a blow-up buddy just so you can have a passenger. = )

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Were you wearing a tie, you were so far infront I didn't notice? :D

Sorry, no tandem this time, you can keep yer blow-up buddy all to yourself......I won't tell anyone......

dnut

TIRED OR TIRE TALK?....I think i might race on the rims of my bike just to give you guys a chance!!! hahah

Scotto...hey i cant remember the color of my tie because i was going so fast..surely you could help me out...you were behind me the whole race!!!

....in serious news, i hope you bring the tandem again because i bought a blow-up buddy just so you can have a passenger. = )

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA

hahahaha, fell over laughing. you so funny, I am building my MB with the rules that were set before the Willow race. If they've changed so be it, I will change too. So I will have Bicycle tires at the Grange, after that what ever the rules will permit that will allow me run the fastest and safest.

Last edited:

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
My buddy has big tires and he beat me, wahhhaa.

Really, those tires are said to be safer than general bicycle tires. They've already run 'em. Don't cost double the bike tires. I don't see 'em as a significant advantage.

The only valid point is how 'pure' do we want 'bicycle' to be? Maybe the commuter/small motor class would be suited to 'bicycle' only components, excepting the motor.

Not a problem for now. If someday we have a track full of 20" long framed bmx bikes too powerful for any pedaling, then we can reconsider.
usflg

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
OK-here it is Dave's non biding rule you must have 2 or 3 tires no motorized unicycles unless of course they have a front and rear brake and functional peddles!

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Howabout quad-cycles? Tridums? :D
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!--
this is why Dave's rules are non binding they tend to be heavy handed
Do you have a quad MB? or are you just trying to bring down the wrath of the grate and power-full Dave? pay no attention to the man behind the certain!
"O" crap I just saw a flying monkey Antty M
A quad MB with turning brakes would be tough stuff
I'll see you in the pits

Last edited: