Helmet
Gloves
Eye protection
Long sleeve shirt
Long Pants
Knee pads
Elbow pads
Closed toe covered shoes

And be sure your bike is up to the task and operating safely. We want to have fun, we want some good hard competition, but the most important is to have fun and do it safely.

Also a reminder to all racers:

Be aware of the Electric bicycles, they will be very quite and you may not hear them coming. Please be aware of them on the track.

Will we have classes? Don't know? We will have to see who and how many show up and go from there.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Awesome!

I believe Blake Hughes, founder of 1funtv.com will be video taping the UnDead Race for us again. Hope he can make it.

phpVID

If anybody remembers, Blake was the founder of dirtbiketv.com (now gone)

Last edited:

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
I'm ready and will be there! For those who may have an interest in trying out an electric bike, I will have a demonstrator bike, provided by E-Bikekit. It's similar to what I brought last spring in performance, but rear wheel drive. It will be avaliable to test ride during the practice laps, with about 20 miles of run time at 48v, and maybe 10 miles at 36v. So 27 mph on the 48v battery, and 23 mph on the 36v.

Last spring I had a top speed of 30 mph, but yesterday I hit a new top speed of 46. So expect me to be there in the pack..duh.

The rear drive suspension bike is the demo bike, and the front drive no suspension bike is the racer.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm ready and will be there! For those who may have an interest in trying out an electric bike, I will have a demonstrator bike, provided by E-Bikekit. It's similar to what I brought last spring in performance, but rear wheel drive. It will be avaliable to test ride during the practice laps, with about 20 miles of run time at 48v, and maybe 10 miles at 36v. So 27 mph on the 48v battery, and 23 mph on the 36v.

Last spring I had a top speed of 30 mph, but yesterday I hit a new top speed of 46. So expect me to be there in the pack..duh.

The rear drive suspension bike is the demo bike, and the front drive no suspension bike is the racer.
Thats awesome Dogman (^) Perfect chance for those who have considered a electric bike but have never ridden one. I got to ride one and I was very impressed.

I will be working on those generators tonight so you guys can re-charge your juice. I hope they do not need too much to get running.

The trophies are here so we just need some racers to claim them .wee.

Wow, you guys got more mph then me, I'll just have to race like a mad man.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have no ideal Tcams :confused:

Just a heads up to everyone... to get the most track time the track opens at 10am, will began to have the drivers meeting around 1pm. So if you want lots of practice or just to cruise around the track show up early.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Whoo, Best of luck everyone! Safe riding!

Any word on the webcam idea that popped up a while ago? Would be awesome to have a live chat while watching live. If not, the Vids should be enough to live vicariously through. :)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Any word on the webcam idea that popped up a while ago? Would be awesome to have a live chat while watching live. If not, the Vids should be enough to live vicariously through. :)

Someone told me a good cell phone with internet can broadcast the race, but that stuff is beyond me. There is a tower in the middle of the track that gets good views for most of the track. If there is someone who knows or is willing to try to broadcast the race that would be AWESOME!

Word spreads around fast

Weekend Roundup with Guy Atchley - KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
I don't have the technology either. Just cheap cams strapped to the bike. High dollar cell phone internet service on a laptop would be all it would take, and a digital video camera.

A good camera on that tower next spring would be sweet, then put it up on You tube.

Live would be cool, but watch it over and over would be nice too.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A lil late to be of any help - but in case ya didn't know, there's USB Modems that even take prepay cards (so no contract/address needed) & that would allow any laptop/webcam/usb digital cam to be used just about anywhere. The prepay cards could be a touch pricey depending on your usage, vids are huge in file size & it's roughly $50mo/5G (five gigs), but should provide better bandwidth than your average cellphone plan (frame rate/choppy vids).

The Verizon USB dongle costs a bit more - but they've far better coverage;

Walmart.com: Verizon - USB760 3G Prepaid USB Broadband Device: Cell Phones

The Virgin Mobile costs a bit less, but hasn't as good a coverage - both devices have coverage maps on their packaging so it'd be a good one if you've service;

Ovation MC760 3G Mobile Broadband Device | Virgin Mobile

If there's accessible internet there's always Free internet calls and cheap phone calls - Skype which supports video conference calls as well with unlimited 'puter to 'puter free calls, calls to landlines/cells so cheap it might as well be free lolz

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Yeah, I don't even know what there is, just that it's out there if you have the bux.

I'd be real happy though, just to have somebody with a real camera on that tower covering the leaders and putting it up on you tube later.

Anybody got a quality cam? Mines a cheapie, so if you zoom the quality goes to crap.