IZIP to GAS Scooter Project

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I did find one at rcscooterracing.com for $20+$10/sh but I had to get my money back cuz apparently he's no longer in business? Thank you paypal.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
D@mn that's a steal! I was thinking of my project low. I bought the deck and a seat post mount so they would match to cut down on drilling. And I needed a deck without to many cut outs since my motor/mount are going on it.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I think I'm going to bid on one of these this guy is selling...When u got that many ending at the same time, prices stay low.
-lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I received the engine & sprocket I ordered today. The engine looks great & super well packed, the 12T sprocket is the wrong size :(
The sprocket isn't as advertised, 410 sprocket is 1/8" wide with 1/2" pitch. This sprocket measures 3/16" wide with 1/2" pitch making it a 415 sprocket.
Now I gotta go thru the hassle of returning it & finding the correct size or buying 415 chain & not being able to use the rear derailleur I ordered & planned on using for tensioning/alignment.
Aint nuthin EZ.
-Lowracer-

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
What's the sprocket going on? The motor shaft? I got some 415 kit chain im using on my scooter,maybe I could buy it from you,save you some hassle?

Slow RIde

Aug 18, 2012
The U.S.A.
Ok,
I just ordered this engine for $55 + $25 shipping. Seems to run well & hopefully will give this scooter a nice quiet ride up to 23 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muq_UOo1WmI
Its a Huasheng 31cc 4 stroke.
Only problem is I gotta keep a seperate gas can for non-premix :(
I'm bidding on a 5:1 pocketbike transmission & hopefully will get that for $12.50
Then I'll only need the 12T sprocket for $21.99 & I'm done.
That will tie up $140 total for another sweet riding solid scooter.
I installed a front Tektro caliper brake (#984) I had laying around which added some extra stopping power (decent) to the already well-functioning rear band brake.
-Lowracer-

Low... where did you order this engine from??

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
No problem...
I put some non-ethanol premium gas in the fuel tank today, filled up the oil reservoir, & pumped it a few times. She started right up & runs like a champ. This is one quiet engine & once I get it mounted will know how she runs out under load.
It seems like a well built, quality engine too...Maybe Huasheng is like Lifan making super reliable engines (not the typlical Chinese junk)?
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Yesterday I started fiddling w/ the scooter even though I am still waiting on parts & like most of you, I hate to wait...lol
I almost set up a temporary friction drive (had it vise gripped into place & just needed to drill a few holes), but I scrapped the idea & will wait for the 5:1 transmission to come. The sprocket I ordered from Fancy Scooters is wrongly advertised as a 410 chain sprocket. I filed a Paypal dispute, but I think they went back to China for the Chinese New Year. I called their office & there is a message that they wont be back for awhile & have no parts at all listed on eBay for sale...just my luck!
So, I can improvise & use the 415 sprocket , but will have to buy some new chain for $13.00...only problem is the rear derailleur I ordered probably wont fit the wider chain & wont be able to be used.
Friction drive is looking better than ever...lol
-lowracer-

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
You don't need a tensioner Low, as long as you can get the chain length right and manually tension it with the motor mounting I don't think you'll have a problem with a short chain.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
16v,
I'll try it without the rear derailleur & see how it goes. Or I could add a few little spacers & some longer bolts & make the gap between the derailleur plates wider?
We will see once all the parts arrive & I can begin assembly.
I tried to bolt up the new HuaSheng 31cc engine to the Razor e325 gas scooter yesterday, but the gas tank bracket hit the upright frame mount & wont work on that scooter...Its going on the new IZIP scooter now for sure...
I also took off the front fairing off 'The Beast' & lowered the handlebars. I dont ride much in the cold weather as planned & prefer the more aero position of crouching low.
-Low-

Last edited:

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
bowljoman,
Read my post#35 above...
I bought one from them & Fancy Scooters has these sprockets listed as 410, but they are 415.
I went & bought new chain (415 is 3/16" ID) to match & a new rear sprocket (27T) to bolt right up to my ACS Crossfire 10 hole flanged freewheel.
Just waiting on the transmission, chain & rear sprocket to arrive to begin engine mounting.
-Lowracer-

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Got the 415 chain today & this 12T sprocket is still too large for the 415 chain.
I gotta return it...
Its probably a larger size as used on motorcycles?
I may need to order some Dax 10T thin ones just to get rolling.
-Lowracer-