ultimate road repair kit

GoldenMotor.com

ailgup

Jul 9, 2009
USA
Hey i am trying to create a ultimate road repair kit that will allow for me to make repairs essential to being able to ride the bike a mile or two. I have tried to compile a list of tools needed for the different size bolts and the allen wrenches. The main issue that is see arising is that something with the clutch breaks, because then if could be unridable with or without the motor.(as happened to me previously) I also want the kit to be able to fit into my behind the seat little bag thing, so not to big. Suggestions and ideas would be great!!!dance1

Items needed (some others may need to be added)
-10mm wrench (gear, muffler, other parts) possible two for gear
-philips and flathead screwdriver
- various allen wrenches for brakes and gears
-pliers???
-zip ties???
-other wrenches or mabey sockets i didn't measure all of them

chris

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Hey i am trying to create a ultimate road repair kit that will allow for me to make repairs essential to being able to ride the bike a mile or two. I have tried to compile a list of tools needed for the different size bolts and the allen wrenches. The main issue that is see arising is that something with the clutch breaks, because then if could be unridable with or without the motor.(as happened to me previously) I also want the kit to be able to fit into my behind the seat little bag thing, so not to big. Suggestions and ideas would be great!!!dance1

Items needed (some others may need to be added)
-10mm wrench (gear, muffler, other parts) possible two for gear
-philips and flathead screwdriver
- various allen wrenches for brakes and gears
-pliers???
-zip ties???
-other wrenches or mabey sockets i didn't measure all of them

chris

well i try to keep it pretty light, last night i did 55miles with a 10mm spanner, co2 pump and a phillips head screwdriver.. didnt need em, though it is good to have a puncture repair kit or a tube!

On the road side ive only ever dismantled the carb patched a tube or changed a tube if the clutch craps itself your pedaling home.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Zip-ties are good to have for many reasons, one of which is the clutch 'crapping out' on you. If there is no way to fix the clutch simply remove the motor chain from its sprocket, zip-tie it out of the way and peddle on home.
Since I like to be prepared for anything, with the tools I carry, I could tear an engine down on the side of the road. Of course that doesn't really require a lot of tools.

aspireonescs

Jan 4, 2010
Saint Marys county, Maryland
Zip-ties are good to have for many reasons, one of which is the clutch 'crapping out' on you. If there is no way to fix the clutch simply remove the motor chain from its sprocket, zip-tie it out of the way and peddle on home.
Since I like to be prepared for anything, with the tools I carry, I could tear an engine down on the side of the road. Of course that doesn't really require a lot of tools.
same here, i carry every tool needed to put togather/ take apart my bike and my motor, i carry:
park ct-7 chain breaker
adjustable pliers
cresent wrench
phillips screwdriver
flathead screwdriver
set of allen keys ( comes on a keyring and has: 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8mm keys)
small philips screwdriver ( to remove the clutch flower nut set screw)
spark plug gapper
5 zip ties'
13/16" socket, for spark plug removel
13/32" socket, for the motor mount nuts/ head studs ect, (cant find my metric one lol)
ratchet, for the sockets
and finally the gear puller tool,
id rather sit on the side of the road and fix something then pedal home, im just lazy lol

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Ahhh....Time for hybred gas/electric bikes,so if one quits the other will get u home!lol

ailgup

Jul 9, 2009
USA
ya great ideas i think i'm going to try to find these zip ties that came with my speedometer because they had a small piece that if you pressed it they would come off so that i could reuse them or move them around if needed, but i think they definitely are necessary.

chris