Worksman Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey Pat super nice build. Do you have any pictures of that seat tube on your bike?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,
This seat post is just a straight one angle cut, rotated and tig welded back together at a 70 degree angle. By doing this then the seat rides on a horizontal section and you can slide the seat back as far as you want. Pretty stable, too. Saddle is a Brooks B67. Saddle in the backround is a Brooks Flyer in aged leather. Let me know if you need a seat post.

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Beautiful work, Pat. I like the Worksman more every time I see one.

Will you be painting the tank and tool box? It's looks pretty cool as is.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Beautiful work, Pat. I like the Worksman more every time I see one.

Will you be painting the tank and tool box? It's looks pretty cool as is.
My current plan is to leave everything naked. No paint on the stainless parts, just the brushed stainless finish. If a part isn't already silver then I paint it black. This build is the test bed for all my Worksman related custom parts and the plan is to ride it hard. This will not be a trailer queen!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Pat for the picture, a friend is building a worksman bike and just passed this info to him.

BTW I have that same seat on my bike and it is a rough ride...but they sure look good!!!

KVC_customz

Feb 22, 2010
hollister
Pat,
now that I have given you my first installment on my "Patsman Fyler" when can I expect to
get my kit from you? Can't wait to get started!

it's time to bring on a helper or to don't you think? :)

Carlos @ KVC Vintage cycles

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Patsman Flyer, huh? What's that? As for bringing on additional help, that's a tough call. If you can find someone that welds twice as good as me for half the cost then we may have something. As it stands right now I am already complaining to myself about about how much I am getting paid!

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Pat heres your tank painted up for my worksman project

My bike will be all black including the motor and rims but tires will be white with white coke bottle grips.
What handel bars would be the best for the boardtrack look?

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
72TX340,
Very nice job on the tank, very nice. Wait till you get an oil tank, they came out really nice and will look sweet on your build. Thanks for sharing the picture. All I have done on the engine is stack two mounts on the rear of the engine and then run the front mount as is. Simple as that. I like the Grubee as it has 1" mounts to match the Works 1" frame tubes. Some engines like the PK-80 have 1 1/2" mounts that will need to be adapted down to 1". Oil tanks will be available next week for sure. I have built three prototypes so the production version will be perfect. I also have gas tank mounting straps coming out in a couple weeks that will match the ones on the oil tanks. Stay tuned!

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
What handle bars would be the best for the boardtrack look?[/QUOTE]

You can try my drop style board track bars, beyond that I really don't know what is best.

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
Patsman Flyer, huh? What's that? As for bringing on additional help, that's a tough call. If you can find someone that welds twice as good as me for half the cost then we may have something. As it stands right now I am already complaining to myself about about how much I am getting paid!
Yea but your doing for the love not the money

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Pat, here's a link to the first of the three frames that's been sanded and primed and will painted impact orange on Sunday. Gonna mount the peanut tank for now until I can get my hands on some sheet metal to start building my tank. I can't weld stainless or aluminum so I was wondering if 16 guage galvanized will hold up as a tank if it's painted and Kreemed on the inside? If not I may be hitting you up for one of your tanks. If you could pm me the price on your tanks. BTW how much did the monarch forks cost and did you buy the wheels straight from the worksman site?

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
I don't know how similar the frames are or your height but I have a old panther style frame and I'm 6'2 and I can tell you what doesn't work. The stock bars, straight mountain bike bars, swept horse shoe bars. I have a pair of short rise and maybe a 2-3" pull back bars with a tall and long stem that is comfortable but it lend much to the board track look. I think it's the same set up that Venice cycle used on his black Panther framed bike he has at the top of his page. They are practical but in my opinion you need a bar that has the grip section running parallel to the frame or a horse shoe shaped bar to give it the look. On the other hand Crazy horse' distressed look bike looks awesome with the upside down commuter bike bars. Just my 2 cents for whatever that's worth. That tank looks incredible by the way! Leave it to a sled guy lol.

Pntrgy

Apr 18, 2010
San Rafael, CA
Is that a stock Workmans front hub and where did you get the Monarch style forks.
I am trying to source that combo, I want to make sure brake arm has a good place to be mounted.