wont reach top speed

GoldenMotor.com

eggi96

Oct 5, 2008
Australia
When I'm riding my motorized bike I put on full throttle and the bike begins to vibrate and the engine doesn't reach its top speed. What could the problem be

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
My first question is, "how many miles do you have on the engine?"
(they start to run better as they break in.)

Use 2 gallons of 24:1 mix for break in, & 32:1 after that. After the break in is complete, we can start to tune your bike!

eggi96

Oct 5, 2008
Australia
the bike has gone about 110 miles and i have done the proper break in. But i think my fuel to oil ratio isn't right since i just pour in a random amount of oil into the tank would this be the reason behind the lack of speed

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
the bike has gone about 110 miles and i have done the proper break in. But i think my fuel to oil ratio isn't right since i just pour in a random amount of oil into the tank would this be the reason behind the lack of speed
YES! that will cause poor performance!! Mix your gas & oil in a separate container (@ 32:1) & shake it well, before filling the tank!! :rolleyes:

(& use 2 cycle oil, NOT motor oil!!)

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
On the back of 2cycle oil, it gives you the proper measurements for 16:1 32:1 and so forth. get a red gasoline tank. and a measuring cup.

dausly

Dec 16, 2011
Lancaster county PA
my kit recommended 16:1 during break in. It does the same vibration thing once I get above 20 miles / hour. I have not pulled full throttle on it very much, trying to give it space as it breaks in. 100 miles on the bike so far. I just ran through my second gallon of gas.

am I running too rich? Sounds Like i am using double the oil that I should be. it smokes... no surprise I suppose.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Try 32:1.
Check the alinement of chain from engine to rear.
With bike NOT running,hold clutch in and roll bike backwards watching chain.
Just a little will cause vibration.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Disregard what the 'instructions' tell you and take the advice given by Venice Motorbikes.
Mix your fuel/oil for a 24:1 ratio for break in then move down to a 32:1 mix afterwards.
Use two cycle oil formulated for air cooled engines, not outboard motor oil.
Much has been written here about oil. Use the search feature and you'll have plenty to read on the subject. Key words "oil mixture". oil mixture - Google Search
Tom

dausly

Dec 16, 2011
Lancaster county PA
awesome. thanks. i stick with the two cycle oil. I read on the internet trying to see if I could go cheap on some other kind of oil, but that seems like a bad idea, so two cycle oil it is. next gallon I mix will be with 24:1 - thanks for the quick feedback