Wit's End

GoldenMotor.com

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Just trying to throw everything out there, sounds like you have gone round the bases several times, sorry it's been a bad experience. The quality of these kits is pretty low in general, but usually you can at least get it running... I've got over 2,000 miles on mine so far and it's still going...

I assume you've been in and out of the carb, needle valve... Made sure the float isn't taking on gas (has a leak)? Does your carb have the "tickler"? When she is dying out can you keep her running with the tickler?

Again, just throwing out everything I can think of (that you've probably thought of already) before you decide to throw out the whole thing altogether.....

SomeOldGuy

Aug 6, 2013
Incline Village,Nevada
Thanks everybody---I've checked EVERYTHING multiple times......when I honed the cylinder this afternoon, that was the breaking point.
****, years ago I got a '50s Moto Guzzi Cardellino going--and I had to make all the gaskets.
How do you translate the term 'quality control' into Chinese?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
cylinder is chrome plated - just barely breath on it with that hone if you really have to do that

I'd check all the case bolts (including the three under the clutch to be sure they're tight and check seals.