Wife is gonn kill me

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
After spending hours in the garage getting my motorbike tailored to my taste, I brought this home. After taking care of the corrosion, it should be a relatively cheap and easy project.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I wish I could find a Harley Hummer in the same condition. I need a winter project.
Good luck with that little guy. Looks like fun.

Maybe if you just park it in the garage next to your MB, the wife won't notice it :)

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Harley Hummers are very expensive in TX; in any condition. Too bad because they run well in the flat, coastal plain. I picked up this Honda S90 for $75. My restoration budget is $1000, which includes a 140cc Lifan motor.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That little bike is awesome!! (^)
We have the 'Venice Vintage Motorcycle Club' out here & there are lots of members who turn those little Hondas into the coolest vintage Cafe racers! :)

Here's some pix from the last VVMC Rally...

Last edited:

peddlingmotors

Dec 6, 2011
USA
now now why would she kill you ??
that is a very cute bike just needs some TLC
its an awesome find
congrats on finding it !!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I haven't yet decided if I will rebuild the S90 to resemble the original, like birdman, or a street tracker or cafe racer. I'm leaning toward a cafe racer seat and clip-on handlebars.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
It's ironic that at that VVMC rally months ago; of all the beautifully restored bikes that were there, I fell in love with that little black Honda CB160... (top pic of my last post).
& just a week ago a perfect one fell into my lap real cheap!!
I'm now gathering all the parts to make it into a cafe racer.

Below, I'm cleaning it up & started removing some parts...

8800 original miles!!! :eek:

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Wow. That 160 is really complete and the red tank looks to be in great shape.
I have only acquired some of the cheaper parts for my S90 (like a kickstand). I want to be sure I can get a title before spending too much. I will build it as a trail bike If something goes wrong with the title. I still have to get a few appraisals before the state can determine the amount of the bond.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Titles are easy... all you need is a bill of sale in CA! ;)
I would love to know how you get it done with only a bill of sale.
Every time I have tried they want an official DMV sales form, a statement of facts, and sometimes an inspection from the CHP.
Leave no line empty on any of the forms or they will deny you.
It is a PITA!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I envy you guys. Its so hard to get a motorcycle title here in Wisconsin. And next to impossible to get one for a car.
Same with Colorado. Trying to title a vehicle here, they treat you like a criminal. I have a sweet little Honda 70 that has been in my wife's family for over twenty years, untitled in Minnnesota, but Colorado won't title it because, "It could be stolen". I'd have to jump through hoops of fire, empty my wallet and kiss a lot of back-side to get a title on this little bike. It's all about $ when it comes to the DMV and the State Patrol.
Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If all you have is a bill of sale from the person who's name it's in?, it's a easy transfer of ownership.

If you don't have a BOS from the registered owner?, you must try to find the registered owner & have them sign it over to you.

If you can't find the owner?, you have to sign a legal DMV form that says the owner couldn't be found, & then take the vehicle in for a VIN verification. (But you will still need a BOS from the person you bought it from)!! I actually did this one all by myself when I was only 17. ;)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Epilogue - I was able to get the bonded title for the S90 in TX. It cost under 150 bucks to title it myself, including the bond. It did not include tag, as the bike was not yet running.
I will be moving to a smaller place soon, so i had to sell it. I'll do better next time.