Why Helmets are Important

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I'll agree that helmets are more sensible than not, but I'll also admit that I'll drive 1000 miles to be able to ride my motorcycle without one. Kind of crazy I guess. Though I don't intend on pulling a Gary Busey if I get hurt either. I understand the potential hazards, much like driving a car, smoking, and eating fried food.

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
AMEN!

I will ride with a helmet on the "open road" like traveling the interstate, but there's nothing quite like running around with your hair and teeth in the breeze...

Unfortunately, they require them all the time here. :( Maybe they'll let adults make their own decisions again soon.

Indybiker

Mar 9, 2010
Indiana
I am a motorcycle rider from the old days(Im 34 hahaha). I will say that I wear a helmet every time I get on a motor powered bike of any kind. But at the same time I say that "helmet laws suck". Reason being that there are people who would rather not wear helmets, and will get the cheapest helmet that they can find. The problem with the cheap helmets are the material they are made with will bounce off of a hard surface such as the road, resulting in severe neck injury. Now don't get me wrong, you need a helmet. Please do your research an get a good quality helmet, even if that means spending more on it than you spent on your bike. Be safe and god bless.

Indybiker