what to do? 2007 whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
I have a 2007 ne-5 pacemaker II it has 5189 miles . Runs fair but I think its time for a rebuild.
I dont want to pull it apart in fear of oil leaks or screwing something up. Ive been reading all the post on here. I have a Helmutt built bike with a bad ass ne-5 that has every up grade you can get but I didnt do them. I just want my pacemaker to run better.i need advice please help
Whizzer rock.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi a couple of things will help your NE right away. What head does it have? The factory lifters were rarely flat on the bottom, and are too heavy. what is your valve lash set to? The NGK Iridium spark plug is a quick improvement also.

additionally, does it have the 22mm carb, or the 16? is the intake restrictor "fixed"?

Mike

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
I have a 16mm carb & stock head with fins . I know it has the mushroom lifters but I havent checked the valve lash. But im going to . Debbie at whizzer is sending me info on specs. I broke the re strictor plate and Debbie at whizzer is sending me a new one
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Well I did what you said motorbikemike. Plus a manifold extension and new carb. Its a brand new bike doesnt lose power anymore. The poor clutch doesn't know what to do.... lol going to have it rebuilt now .but I was seeing 45 on my whizzer speedometer with throttle to spare!!!!! The ngk plug was pricey but
It was worth it. Whizzer power! Enjoy the ride

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi I'm glad those things worked for you. That NGK plug is just short of 10.00 out here and a bit hard to locate, BUT, it makes a far bigger difference than you'd think.

Quenton and I use them on all the bikes we care about!

Mike

whitehead

May 6, 2014
st.louis , mo
Well I got red running great and did a oil change with some
Strait 40 weight and a good washing . I swear its hitting 45 . I'm very happy
Thanks to Helmutt and Debbie at whizzer for the parts