What is you're motorized bicycle passion?

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
If I have learned anything on this forum it is that you people are REALLY into you're bikes. I see that some of you have multiple MBs at home. Others have work shops with expensive machinery devoted to MBs. Others have companies. And lots, like me, just really like 'em a lot and would like to have more some day.

So, what is you're motorized bicycle passion. Just ride with the wind, near and far? Something to tinker with in you're free time? Running a motorized bicycle business or at least trying to get one going?

Myself, I have my first bike running. I'll use it a lot to save gas and have fun around my area, as soon as I get it all legal. It was a blast putting it together and even more fun to ride. My wife's motor should be here tomorrow, and shes a little excited about it.

I would love it if someone offered me a few bucks to put a motor on their bike or to buy a motorized bicycle from me.

Motorbike building is a good guy thing. Its as complex as you want it to be or as simple. But its still a guy (and some gals).

I hope to find a way to get more involved with it.

Last edited:

Rambler

Jul 25, 2009
U.S.A.
Re: What is you're MB passion?

A friend let me ride his MB and I was instantly and unequivocally hooked, they are a blast to ride. I can't wait till my motor shows up, so I can install it and do some cruisin'.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia

It is probably the most fun hobby I have ever had. It came along at the perfect time for me, retirement. I had six Motorbikes. Sold two, and shipped one to my son in Az. Keeping three for now but will be selling one later in the summer, and building at least six this winter.
I have also ridden well over 1,000 miles on them this summer.

John

butchatron

Jul 22, 2009
kentucky

I was raised in southern California, as a kid there, if you're not riding your bike, you were working on it, so I've had a life long passion with bicycles. Several years ago, I began to notice people mounting motors on them and I was intriged by this, but I never considered getting my own until I became disabled. Now I can't drive, or ride a motorcycle, so for me it's about getting my freedom back. But I do plan to build several bikes, and maybe even start my own business someday.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA

In my case, its definitely the attention and compliments I get wherever I go. Not to brag, well ok, bragging a little bit, but mine took a bit more work than a simple bolt on and ride.

beachshot1.jpg

Ulysys

Apr 25, 2009
Spokane, WA

I wanted a cheaper way to get around when I didn't need to haul a bunch of stuff or people, like heading over to a friends place or doing small grocery runs. I'd thought about a scooter or a moped or something like that, but they were all a bit more than I could afford.

Then I found some places selling motor kits for bikes. I thought it was a cool idea and went looking for more info. So I found this forum, did all the research I could, asked alot of questions and dived in. I've been hooked ever since.

I'm so hooked that I want to build another one when my budget permits, since I had to sell an old car to get the money to build my first one. I even want to build my own frames someday when I can afford to get the parts and equipment.