What do you think of this exhuast?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Looks like it would work out well. Due to the extremely short head to chamber distance it would come on at higher RPM's if that's what you are interested in.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I'm curious - how much bending did you have to do?
Well that is not my bike that is a pic I found on this forum, guess I forgot to mention that, also when you buy that exhaust thats the way that it comes already bent like that. I have not yet bought that yet because I am curious as to the performance increase it will give.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I think it comes under the heading of better than stock but I think a potato with holes in it and a piece of plumbing pipe would work better than stock :p

Sambino

May 12, 2011
Washington (USA)
I was just about to post about that exhaust too!
Then I saw your post, so I'm tagging along.

My question, was would this work better then the stock on an "80"cc ChinaGirl?
I'm wondering, because my muffler just broke, and I realized how much power the muffler cuts out. This is meant for a 49cc, so I was wondering if it would still work well with a 67.

A fast reply would be greatly appreciated, since right now I'm running loud!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Nearly anything is better than the factory exhaust. This exhaust system would help a 66cc HT engine for sure. I am not saying it's just as good as the SBP or similar 66cc exhausts, I am only saying that it is better than a poorly crafted, highly questionable, known to be occasionally non functional brand-new-out-of-the-box, factory exhaust.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Wow...... Well thanks GearNut, what do you think about this I talked to my buddy tonight he said he could put it on for me. Will this be a lot better than the stock?

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Oh. Okay then.

Well, keep this in mind.

You'll probably have to make some bends to any exhaust you get, so be prepared for that. In addition, the concept of how an expansion chamber works is the same. You have 3 parts, the head pipe, the chamber, and the stinger. Stinger is your top end, chamber is where the magic happens, and the head pipe adjusts where your powerband kicks in.

EDIT ADD ::

Forgot to say - ANY expansion chamber will be better than the stock exhaust.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just ordered this muffler today. I have a 68.5cc engine. 35 bucks and free shipping is a steal for an expansion chamber! when I get this pipe I will be sure to report back!