West Coast Choppers Bike ..

GoldenMotor.com

DT2010

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Hello , I recently purchased a WCC chopper and I want to put a motor on it , I have already started painting it and getting it ready . I've done some reading and video searching and some people say its easy and some people say its hard I was wondering If there is anything I need to be worried or anything to look out for

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Tim

Attachments

nvmextc

Dec 10, 2010
Sydney
My mate has one, he welded another seatpost in to make a mount for the back of the engine, cant remember about the front, chain alignment is pretty tough, pretty much rubs the tyre, shall take a good look next time :)
It's a very nice ride with a 32T sprocket.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I really like how robust the fork tubes are and the matching tires.

Are they of the larger size frames? Would it be too small for a 6"1" 220 pound rider? I got a LA Cycles BigMo and I'd have to chop and strech for a motor to fit. I found a Schwinn XL, a more suitable frame for a larger rider. Elsewhere in a recent post the ideal motor for one of these frames was shown as far as I'm concerned:

http://www.highrpmracer.com/chinese-engines-chinese-engine-01-chinese-atv-engine-50cc-p-10484.html

Auto trans, 4 speed, 4 stroke, around $140 without shipping and it's not all there, carb and intake, gear as far as I can tell.

I am motivated to sell my Morini, this motor would be 10x easier to mount.

Last edited:

Atlanta CPR

Aug 29, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I really like how robust the fork tubes are and the matching tires.

Are they of the larger size frames? Would it be too small for a 6"1" 220 pound rider? I got a LA Cycles BigMo and I'd have to chop and strech for a motor to fit. I found a Schwinn XL, a more suitable frame for a larger rider. Elsewhere in a recent post the idea motor for one of these frames was shown as far as I'm concerned:

Chinese Engine 01 Chinese Atv Engine 50cc - Eng177-01 - Chinese Engines - In Stock at Highrpmracer

Auto trans, 4 speed, 4 stroke, around $140 without shipping and it's not all there, carb and intake, gear as far as I can tell.

I am motivated to sell my Morini, this motor would be 10x easier to mount.
How much for your morini? Can I mount a 1999 Whizzer frame.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
...that was fast :)

Story on the motor. Bought it off of eBay with a carb. Got an ItalJet expansion chamber that fits but will most likely need modded.

The motor is a S5 E from the mid 90's. It was very clean and looking in the ports shows excelent wear on what you can see. This is a piston port 2 clutch pad lower HP version. Put a 15mm carb and that pipe and you'll get around 4 HP easily. It has a iron cylinder so it can be bored for rebuilding and parts are very easy to find.

I have no idea if it would fit a Whizzer frame but I'd bet it would fit as well as any stock bike when you consider that it's made for a motor. You'd have to ask Whizzer guys about the possibility of the motor fitting. I'd say you'd need serious fabbing skills or know someone who does to get it mounted right and solid but you'd get many, many miles of use from it, I'm sure :)

Price $300 shipped. This includes the pipe and longer throttle cable I installed on the carb. Less than what I have into it but it would make two people happy if I sell it, you and me :)

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
i have a wcc bike too. i would love to throw a motor on it. i wonder if anyone is gonna start manufacturing a mount for it
OCC motor mount | eBay

Here ya go. His $95 package has most of the stuff if not all you need to put a HT on a OCC bike.

Oh, by the way, my S5 E Morini is no longer for sale. I bought a Dynacraft West Coast LTD and the Morini with the Italjet expansion chamber fit perfectally with the Paughco Porkster tank. The mods should be fairly minimal but I promise to learn how to use the camera I got to show what is going on :p

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I don`t think he can use the OCC mount Davec. It will not fit on the WCC. Been there done that. Won`t fit. trying to create one for myself. If I get it to work I will post pics and let everyone see.