Went for a 100 mile ride............

GoldenMotor.com

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I have quite a few friends that ride "regular" bikes and over the past weekend- I went along with a bunch of them on a century ride here in South Central PA...before I developed arthritis in my knees- I used to do these kinds of rides sans motor all the time.

Anyways.....one of the guys has a small trailer and I hooked that up to my bike and hauled everyone's lunch, spare parts, etc with me.

The ride went very well except for the fact that the engine vibrations made my butt go to sleep:)

I had plenty of fuel on board to make to ride, but just in case- I took some 2 cycle oil to mix with gasoline if I had to re-fuel.

The group loved having someone else haul all their stuff around because it made them that much lighter to climb hills. I either rode at the back of the pack or at the front to break the wind for everyone....it's not very safe and too hard to regulate my speed with the other guys inches away from me.

All in all....it was a great time and it was really cool to hang out with all my riding buddies again.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Well.....before I bought my motor kit from Staton....I did a lot of research because I wanted to be able to ride the piss out of my bike with very few issues. So far- I couldn't be happier. I have a friction drive with a Mitsubishi TLE 43 2 stroke and I've had zero issues with it so far.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very nice. Good to here folks enjoying all bikes in general together.(^)

I still peddle a lot it is still addicting. Love the exercise..

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I'm also a long-time pedal cyclist, I have always loved bike riding, and I still regularly enjoy pedal cycling.

But I just love riding my motor bike on routes that are too long and hilly for me to pedal anymore. It's such a thrill to be able to bike faster than a strong young bike racer and to be able to climb long steep hills so fast and with so little effort!

But I haven't been able to get any of my pedal cycle friends to ride with me while I ride my motor bike. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
it all depends on where you are riding :(,,,
I siezed one here in the desert riding in the intense heat before I converted to 4cycle
(32:1, only about 800 miles on her, well broken in, locked up tighter than a frogs butt- approx 2.5-3 hrs into the ride)
it was a livefast engine I believe, and not one of his cheap ones either !!!