Valentine's is definitely red.

GoldenMotor.com

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Well, I thought it'd be nice to drop off the valentine gift I got early during the middle of the night, so when she wakes up to go to work, she'd find a nice valentine gift right on her door step.

Well, taking advantage of the night where there were little cars on the freeway, I rode on the emergency lanes both to avoid any cars that happen to go by, and shorten my riding distance a little.

Well, just as I was about to exit the freeway, I could just make out a large lump ahead of me, and by the time it registered in my head that it was part of a tree fallen over and if I didn't get out of the way I would be in a world of hurt, smack.

Bike toppled me sideways and I just flew off and slid against the tarmac a bit.
So here are my battle scars (scratches); just thought I'd share them:

Luckily I had gloves on because if I didn't, my hands would somewhat be paralysed at the moment with scraps about double the size of those scratches on my palms... Yeah, it's not much compared to what others go through, but heck, that's what this thread is for right? Sharing whatever rides we do. :p

The exit was next to a servo, but they didn't have bandages large enough to cover those wounds, so I did the rest of the journey and back home (a little over 2 hours total), with those scraps hanging.

There's a rip in my jeans, but my jumper received no damage whatsoever; darn thing protected itself only...

Well... I guess this may be a good time to invest in some padding for future rides...

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Well lad, if she wants to know how much you care, you have the proof.
I would have just gone home and called her to tell her to come over after work.

Hope you heal up quickly.

Steve.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The strawberry on the elbow is a beauty. I wear elbow pads when mountain biking but never on my motorbike.