V-Twin Mopeds?

GoldenMotor.com

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Holy crap :O!!!!

My frame might sag under that weight, not like I could fit a V-twin in my frame or would want to have +250cc on a bike.

That song was a cover of a great song (The Show Must Go On) by Queen by the way (as I'm wearing my Queen shirt now).

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
There sure were a lot of interesting vehicles in the early days of automobiles and motorcycles. Looking at that picture it's a wonder that lower cylinder had a chance. The open valve linkage is working right in the dirt kicked up by the front tire not to mention it's sure close to the road. I suspect that bike was only run on race tracks which would help somewhat.
The model airplane radial is interesting because it's small enough to fit in the frame and the larger one is 60cc. With five cylinders working the torque ought to be decent for such a small displacement.

Fabian

Sep 9, 2009
Australia - Melbourne
I agree, it's my "all time" coolest bike "EVER" and always will be.

There will be nothing ever produced that can exceed this bike unless someone makes a scratch built exposed rocker arms, 7 cylinder radial engined machine with a flimsy bicycle frame.

Fabian

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Wow! that is the coolest bike ever! I wonder how much power that thing puts out, and what the top rpm is. I've seen radial engines for r/c planes, but never one as big as that - on a bike!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yamadog used to make a 2 cylinder 100cc bike called a twin jet 100. I got my ass handed to me racing one on my Honda 90

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
I'm gathering the parts together now to build a V-Twin 50cc motor. The basis is two 25cc engines. I'll pair them up with one running in the opposite direction, making it possible to have a common intake with a single carb. I'm building it just for the fun of it and don't plan on running it in my own bike. So if I get it running good and somebody wants it, I'll probably sell it. I just like the challenge of trying to make something like this work.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I would think the two motors sproket chained togeather w/a center incorperated j-shaft to pull the drive from,one piston at top and one at bottom would allow one carb to operate w/reed valves

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
one carb better be bigger than the 2. and that would be a sweet build. i hear of these acme v twins but i cant find them anywhere.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Actually they would be separate crankcases and could use the small(one for a single motor)carb. beacause the one would be drawing in fuel/mix as the other is at the bottom of the stroke transfering fuel to the combustion chamber,which means instead of the no flow lag using a single motor there would be a continual draw through the carb.,,as one motor is opening the intake port the other is closing its intake port,eliminating the 1/2 cycle of no draw time for the carb,,,the carb would be in effict operating only one motor so the same size carb. for one would do both

Last edited: