Upgrades upgrades upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Here's what I've got so far. New old school speedo, brake pads, Champion J8C spark plug, Chrome Air filter, new throttle grips(on the way COMING SOON!) Adding lights as well. Tygon Fuel line. The paint is a little beat up, I will do a little touch up later on, part of it is the lighting too. Everything is working better than perfectly. I spent nearly $70 this week in upgrades. NOT done yet though! But for now, I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Schwinn hasn't let me down yet, those fender struts are holding strong!

Attachments

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
The speedo is pretty neat it works ALOT better than I thought it would. When I rode along in traffic it felt very accurate to me as well it also has a tachometer(RPM) but it's more of an Odometer keeping track of mileage because there's really no use in a tachometer when your tire is spinning(if it was a tachometer the number would be more like 6790 and change constantly..but it I opened it in the little shipping box it came at it was set at 0000, rode around a bit and now it says 0005. Mislabeled or something but nonetheless, it is NEAT! I even ordered one for my bud because he wants one too and we've had bad luck with digital speedos.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Dirtyoldcruiser, I bought it on ebay actually, and yes it's an awesome speedo I love it and I'll keep that in mind! I hit close to 30 today and it didn't seem to "pop" or anything maybe I got lucky and got a good one! :)

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
I could be wrong but I believe that is meant to be a Odometer. The green to red line under the mph is meant to represent a tack.

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
nice !! i have that exact speedo , on the exact same bike, my speedo needle jumps a little but is bacically accurate as well

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Absolutely man! Works awesome! Seems VERY accurate on speed! Yeah it works with the wheel, what you do is remove the front wheel then it's got this little drive mechanism that works COUNTERCLOCKWISE(so only can be mounted to right fork) and this mechanism fits over the hub(and the thread) then it's got a bracket(which spins) which goes into the spokes I have included a few pictures The red stuff in my above pictures is High temp lithium grease I used it to lubricate the drive mechanism. Doesn't make any noise at all, I've had it on and riding for a bout 2 weeks now hit over 35 on it and it's still going!xct2

Attachments

SyedStreet

Jan 7, 2013
texas
Where did you order yours I want one?... Thanks for the reply.... What does the drive mechanism latch on to and how big is the spoke attachment... I want to order one tonight!!! Thanks

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
How does the J8C work? Isn't it a little short? I mean in the threaded part?
The j8c worked pretty good it's actually pretty close in size to the stock plug I compared them, but I think the heat range was a bit to cold for the motor I couldn't get past 25 on it...threw in stock plug BAM 35... Other than that not sure. I also have an NGK B5HS on hold too.. but for now the stock is in. It did seem a little shorter but only by like half a thread or so it wasn't much.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Where did you order yours I want one?... Thanks for the reply.... What does the drive mechanism latch on to and how big is the spoke attachment... I want to order one tonight!!! Thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200889528671?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 follow this link, it's a buy it now sale. The mechanism isn't that big, remove your front wheel and slide it over the thread/hub and the bracket goes into the spokes....sit on your..bike YOUR RIGHT side fork is where the piece must be mounted it won't work on the left because, it needs to turn COUNTERCLOCKWISE to function(aka rolling the bike forward this would be mounted to the right fork) It just slides over your thread then covers the hub then you put the wheel in the dropout and put the nuts on it stays by pressure try to keep the drive cable as straight as possible,with the least amount of bends and curves as possible. Hope this helps!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The j8c worked pretty good it's actually pretty close in size to the stock plug I compared them, but I think the heat range was a bit to cold for the motor I couldn't get past 25 on it...threw in stock plug BAM 35... Other than that not sure. I also have an NGK B5HS on hold too.. but for now the stock is in. It did seem a little shorter but only by like half a thread or so it wasn't much.
I have had O.K. experience with the stock plugs....except the ones that the center (porcelain) blows out of!