Unique engine for a vintage build

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Very interesting engine indeed.
Checking the specs, I noticed that it will run on any military grade fuel. Number two, dyed, offroad, and farm diesel are all equivalent to F-76 military diesel, I'm pretty sure. And don't forget you'll need a dry chemical extinguisher for that fuel. I don't mean you'll NEED one:) But you could really build something with that engine...

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Neat O motor! But if its truly a diesel why the spark plug? My TDI jetta had glow plug, but even those wer'nt turned on by the computer if the temp was greater than 45deg out. I like the looks of it but it needs a serous shroud for the timing belt. Wonder how much. The rounded bottem end would really lend itself to a vintage style build.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Good question. I do not know why it has dual plugs. I had a TDI jetta also and enjoyed it a lot. I traded it when it came time for a clutch, struts, etc. Izusu makes nice little turbo diesel pickup trucks, but they are not sold in the states. I drove around in one of the Izusu diesel pickups when I was in the Philippines.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Reading the spec's it also needs to be overhauled every 150 HRS. but still something to fallow as it's developement progress's in time.
thanks! for sharing that.
Caught my interest.