Turkey Day

GoldenMotor.com

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yup Happy Thanksgiving guys. We will be eating the dirty bird today. I almost missed it this year and for all future years. Ah bourbon whiskey is something I won’t enjoy again, had to quit all drink several months ago and I’ve been doing just great. Super clear minded. Still have drinking dreams though. No more waking up and wondering what did I do last night, how did I get home, why did I wear my pants to bed, why is all my money gone… yup no more.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated on Columbus Day. Makes for Black Friday sales you have to see to believe. My favourites are the Black Friday Sale in January that the car dealers run here.

Tony, I hope your healing up quickly and well. I had to stop drinking many years ago for the same reasons. My favorite was waking up and looking at the ceiling and it wasn't my place and who was that beside me in bed. There truly are no nasty looking women at the bar after 1am. I often wonder what they thought when they woke up and saw me.

Steve.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Just Mona and I to make a Thanksgiving turkey dinner. Nothing fancy with the turkey. Just bathed in fresh. lemon juice. slathered with top quality olive oil, anointed with Sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and packed it's rear end with home grown Rosemary and Sage. Aromatic!
Forcemeat and bread dressing.

Best to you Tony, heal well. Just don't give me heck for imbibing fermented or distilled beverages.

The few times I got tuned up and decided to do a performance run on a motorized bicycle, were unpleasant.
Motorcycle and four wheel performance runs attest to my longevity.

Tom

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
28 years ago for me, no more looking over the shoulder when driving, had them drinking dreams for quit a few years , gone now............Curt
What is a drinking dream? Bad? Why? You need not answer. Just curious.

In these later years cruise control is my friend. Actually attempting to drive these days without paying attention to drivers who may not be, is or will be fatal.

Tom

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
28 years ago for me, no more looking over the shoulder when driving, had them drinking dreams for quit a few years , gone now............Curt
Dang that’s a long time. Yeah I can do that. I once had to close one eye just to drive straight. Yeah and dropping the 212er at a standstill guaranteed I didn’t ride super drunk.

I quit smoking a few weeks before my life changing event and had joked with my buddy “if I went to jail for a few weeks I would quit for sure.” He recommended I piss all over the front door of the police station. Well I picked hot nurses instead. It’s sorta nice, I mean I can’t walk or do things in the garage, for now; but I’m clear headed and I can smell women again.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Wife and I quit smoking in 89 am so glad today, but now i can smell the stinking things in a car 3 lengths ahead of me. I drank for 35 years and was up to over 1/2 gallon, almost killed me, I had saroses' of the liver, when I started in AA I knew a couple of guys from work and they were getting 14 year media lions, and said if they can do it so can I, thank God everyday..........Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
When I was young the joke was that I almost made it home but someone stepped on my hand. Not to far from the truth at times. I try not to think back about what was because it frightens me.

Steve
That is true, not a good thing. For some they forget and go back out drinking and never make it, because you never start over you pickup were you left off.