Troubleshooting FAQ

GoldenMotor.com

BillyB

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
Is there a FAQ for troubleshooting?

I just finished my build last night, and took it out for a spin.

I got going down a small hill, and had the engine turning nicely several times, but the engine would not catch fire.

Obviously, it's either not getting gas, or it's not getting spark.

My first step is going to be to check to make sure I've got the fuel petcock in the correct position, by removing the fuel line and opening it up.

My second step is going to be to remove the kill switch, and cap the white wire.

I did a search for Troubleshooting FAQ, but didn't find anything.

Much appreciate all of the advice I've read on various threads on these forums.

Edit: I have a 2 stroke kit from BoyGoFast on eBay.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The search feature will answer most of your questions. Use key words and read through the many threads that deal with your particular problem. Almost every question/problem that anyone has ever encountered can be answered here. It takes a little time but I assure you; if it's been asked, it's been answered here. Seek and ye shall find.
Tom

BillyB

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
Woohoo!!!

I got her running yesterday evening. It's running really rough, but she's running.

Wish I could make it to the group ride, but already have commitments. I most definitely will someday.

I did a few adjustments, but the thing I think made the biggest difference was cutting off the cheap wire connecters, and twist tying the wires directly together. Need to get some wire nuts.

Also having a problem whereby when I pull in the clutch, the engine shuts off. I believe there's quite a bit of discussion on these boards already.

Need to get some pics loaded up.

BillyB

Jul 21, 2008
Los Angeles
Solder & heat shrink them! ;)
Don't have a soldering iron or heat gun.

Any suggestions as to where to buy one here in LA?

Edit: I think a friend of mine has a set I can borrow. Or I'm overdue for a trip to Fry's anyway.

Next troubleshooting question: The engine dies when I pull in the clutch.

I'm currently reading through Norman's clutch adjustment thread (on page 4 of 12). Any pointers?

Last edited: