to cold for your engine? solved!!

GoldenMotor.com

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
on cold days your engine can be very hard to start, and thats sucks i know just use a hair dryer on the top end, around the fins after about 2 mins your good. lol it realy works. i presume there is going to be some war over this along the lines of "my engine is tuned and i can start it" but people just try it lol you can even use on your car

ride on auflg

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I store mine in my apartment inside so its warm when i bring it outside to start it. but when i go to the store if im in there too long its cold and hard to start,but its still starts after a while.

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
thats the thing i pull start all my whipper snippers and chainsaws in 1 pull after doing this. we do it on dads muscle car an his motorbike both start beautifully it takes the hard out of starting

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I can not even imagine riding in -36 degrees, F or C.
36 Degrees! I've never riden my MB in any weather less than 75* degrees, I'm not sure humans can survive in that low temperature let alone ride MBs! haha Did live in Oregon for a few years and we used heater/fans to start cold engines and or prime the heck out of em. Good luck.shft.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
That's not enough to freeze gas the kind we got there's no moisture in it to freeze my car has started in -50 with a block heater that's no where near the tank. I use the same gas on my bike. I forgot to ad -50 is with a windchill most tof the time it would be -30 to 40

Last edited:

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
-36 degrees celcius no normal engine will work
my engine starts fine, my 4 stroke takes a few extra pulls but it starts, and my 2 stroke moped starts(the rubber belt gets really hard though so it slips,) but i beg to differ that no normal engine will work!

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
my engine starts fine, my 4 stroke takes a few extra pulls but it starts, and my 2 stroke moped starts(the rubber belt gets really hard though so it slips,) but i beg to differ that no normal engine will work!
i dont know if you understand this but in celcius temp grade 0 degrees is the freezing point for water the max temp ever recorded of land temp in degrees was 52 at minus 36 it just wouldnt
the engines in the arctic and alike are specialy designed to run there and if you put those engines in above 0 degrees they would die

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i dont know if you understand this but in celcius temp grade 0 degrees is the freezing point for water the max temp ever recorded of land temp in degrees was 52 at minus 36 it just wouldnt
the engines in the arctic and alike are specialy designed to run there and if you put those engines in above 0 degrees they would die
im well aware, im in canada so we are both metric. last winter i had mine going at -22. no problems, this winter we will get down to that if not lower, if i must i will make a video when the time comes of me starting the engine in -30 weather, i know for a fact engines can run in that cold of a temperature,

Plindy

Dec 9, 2008
mn. usa.
Nothing to do with engine's !
Mn. around 1995 a weather man said -60 f tonight, and if you through a glass of water into the air that it would turn into ice before it hit's the ground. so i did all i seen was fog.

sorry just had to say that

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Yes I own 3 snow blowers and those will start in any condition, I'll just use my electric starter if I don't wanna pull start it's matter of can I take cold.

kahnowerh

Oct 26, 2009
Washington, District of Columbia
well whats the freezing temp of water in farennhight
F to C converter

A balmy 35 degrees here in NW DC.

I plan to ride through the winter. I don't expect any problems, besides HORRIBLE DC drivers.
DC's full of fair weather drivers. As soon as any weather happens, people go insane.
For some reason, light rain causes people to slow down. Rain and wind? Oh god.
AND SNOW! That's the most frustrating driving to be done in the NE.
(If you consider DC NE. I'm from Philly, so I've just extended my "I'm from the NE" perspective to include a bit south of the 38th parallel.)