Ticking?

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
I've read several references to a ticking noise as being indicative of a failing wrist pin bearing.I'm running a dax 70cc that has a distinct ticking nose at idle.Reminds me of valve clatter.sort of a series of three ticks with a slight pause between (tick tick tick---tick tick tick)Was doing this right out of the box and I now have about 600mi. on it.Runs great with zero vibration.I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and replace the bearing or could this be something else.Thanks,Ron

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Hi Ron
My bike has sounded like a diesel when idling since the beginning . It now has over 1400 miles on it and it is still running great . From watching uTube videos , I know that other motors do not make as much noise . This might not help in your decision but just letting you know that there are other motors out there doing the same thing . .............. D.J.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All of my CIF (chinese in-frame) bicycle motors have made a lot of noise from day one. I wouldn't worry unless it gets a lot louder.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Thanks guys
I kinda figured if it was a failing bearing it wouldn't last 600mi.I think these Chinese motors,God love them, are driving me into a state of paranoia.Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks guys
I kinda figured if it was a failing bearing it wouldn't last 600mi.I think these Chinese motors,God love them, are driving me into a state of paranoia.Ron
Yes! You are almost to the golden state of conciousness where you embrace all the mixture of sounds of emminent failures the chinese in-frame bicycle motor kit makes....:crash: