Third Eye Blind? Helmet Mirror

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
I should be asking questions before I buy........................

Got this 3rd Eye Helmet Mirror on the way from abaxo on ebay. If you haven't ever bought anything from them. I highly recommend them. They are a smart seller, that undercharges you for the item, and charges excessive shipping charges thus keeping ebays greedy belly from getting any bigger. You end up getting the item for way below retail.

Anybody ever use one of these? How do they hold up?

I also got a cateye hel 410 headlight. It is the best light I have ever used. I have been thu several, and this light packs a punch and is waterproof up to 165ft. It is built to last.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I tried one as well as the little spot mirror that clips onto your glasses/sun glasses.
I couldn't get used to it. Seemed more of a distraction. I use big motorcycle handlebar mounted mirrors.

This is another one of those things that personal preference will decide. I see lots of roadies using the small mirrors so they can't be all that bad.
Tom

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Well.............. I got it in the mail yesterday. Large Motorcycle mirrors would work good if they have a dampening device to control vibration. I rolled out later on the MB today than usual, because it was cold. On my 68.5/80cc kit I bought some large mirrors that Sun(lite) bicycles made. They didn't work good because they didn't have a dampening device to take out the vibrations in the mirror. The next build I did with an inframe shifter i used a handle bar end mirror that had a rubber piece that stuck into the handle bar, but it still had too much vibration.

Today I rolled out with this 3rd eye helmet mirror on the MB. It worked great. I could make out a vehicles make and model from great distances. The first car I saw was a white PT cruiser in the mirror. On the way to the beach, I came a cross another PT cruiser. This one was black, and was parked on the side of the road. I noticed a large boulder that had eaten up the grass and the shrubbery was taken out. I also noticed smoke coming from the drivers side window. I thought it was someone smoking inside. It turns out the driver hit the boulder and the airbag deployed and the driver was walking away from the vehicle on the sidewalk. I asked him if he needed to use a phone. He said, he only lived right around the corner.

Made it to the beach and believe it or not. There was two hot bodies laying on the beach in bikini's. They were the only two people laying on the beach. Meanwhile I'm clad in Patagonia Fleece with a Patagonia Torrent Shell to keep me warm why I'm rolling on the MB. On my way back, passed two police that were tending to the PT cruiser, they didn't come after me.....but it looked like their hands were full.

The verdict: Two thumbs up for the 3rd eye helmet mirror, both of the girls in the bikini's, and the police.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Update on the third eye helmet mirror.

Caught a small tree branch and the plastic arm on the mirror broke. I know some MFG's make these with a wire arm. This is probably the better way to go for those that pound the pavement everyday. The third eye helmet mirror might work for weekend warriors though or those that are not in the saddle as much as me.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I also got a cateye hel 410 headlight. It is the best light I have ever used. I have been thu several, and this light packs a punch and is waterproof up to 165ft. It is built to last.
The 165 foot waterproof should be very useful when riding along searching for sunken treasure ships lol

laff