The ultimate roadbike Morini powered. POWERWHEELIES VIDEO 12HP+

GoldenMotor.com

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
If anyone can build a faster bike that pulls harder up to 40+MPH, and rips mingers at any speed, post video proof. My mission to build the baddest, raddest around is complete.

YouTube - Motovelo Street Sprinter POWER-WHEELIES.mov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yuAk6BUn-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsxtaaklho

I swear to god this thing does it all. Power everywhere, looks good (even if I cant find my ideal square tank just yet) and will throw you off the backside at 30+ if you're not careful. Pulls away from a stop faster than most things do too. My goal to build a scooter-beater is right here in the video.

.wee. Oh yes indeed.

Check out more @ WWW.MOTOVELO.US

Last edited:

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Thought about that, would prob work too. I wanted to build the best aircooled morini I possibly could. But ya you can convert the s6 aircooled to the s6 liquid. (99% sure)
Weight savings, less complecates with the piping and rad, and no real reason, I can make just as much power, and the aircooled looks the bomb.

The clutch is a 'grippa' it's all about getting the powerband setup how you like to ride.
I do like peaky powerful narrow-band motors, but the dimensions of the pipe and the gearing I calculated compensate with a nice fat bottom end hit.

Hey goat, the 5.8 is a nice one too, just do this: switch carbs (I can sell you my hardly used PB19mm carb that comes standard on the 9.4 if you like, PM me)
Then get the digital ignition mod, that includes the microprocessor box. I'm sure Herm at herdan.com can hook you up. Tell him Aydin sent ya.
Get a 3 shoe clutch, and THE BEST PIPE you can.
After all that, you'll still be at 12.5:1 compression, whereas you want to be up around 14.5-15.5:1, a head swap will change that.

Mobbin'Deep

Apr 16, 2010
Far away from home
haha i love this ****in bike. I am from socal, and used to ride a liter bike, hard and nasty...and paid the price! its worse than heroin, gotta keep raising the bar to get that thrill.

You should fab up some sliders so when you go down doesnt ruin your motor. i cant beleive you havent been hassled by the po yet. tho i bet you could just bounce before he even knew wtf happened. and its not like you have a plate or anything...

You should do a vid of some twisties. I would love to see this thing up on angleas crest or 33 or sumthin!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Well mebbe just don't know what there doing or using?
Yes, That's why you're the Resident Morini Expert....
LOL
All kidding aside, we finally figured out why the ignition wasn't working. Dean's been using it for the last few months now with no problems and its extremely quick. Me, my bikes are in the garage collecting dust because I've been too busy working.

Lean Dean

Jan 10, 2008
Goat Herder you are right we're still learning and I'am a firm believer when you think you know everything about something is when you quit learning!The reason we were using the ignition off the 5.8 was the advantage of the heavier external flywheel which slows the power transsion down to make it easier to ride in slick conditions,That's one of the reason Harleys have been ruleing haft miles and miles for decades,they have big flywheels! Also I have to argue the compression ratios,you never want to exceed 13.5 to 1 on a 2 stroke because of preignition or pinging now if your running methanol you can get away with 17 to 1 max. And don't forget there is a price to pay for every mod,you must make adjustments for what you are after, street, hard pack dirt etc.Hope I was some help- Dean

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am still enjoying my BoXer stock, does everything I want it too so i figured why mess with a good thing. I can cruise around town at 20mph and still open her up at the track to give myself a good scare.

dnut

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
looks like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and go direct left side drive if i want to ride this winter, plans are to use studed tires and ride the frozen rivers around here. probably use a 50t.

porschemikey

Nov 21, 2010
Reno NV
Your video shows a lot of footage on the Santa Barbara bike path. Is that where you are based?

Is the new stretch frame, shocked "Street Fighter" ready in kit or finished form? Which Morini engine are you using, the S6?

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
YOUR BIKE IS A SCREAMER .May I ask what kind of pipe are you running
what carb and head and what size is you main jet . Also what kind of oil and at what ratio . I have a boxer 9.4 still breaking it in hope I can get close to what you have done. Also have you done any clutch work add or took out shims..
.I sure could use some of your expertise . Would love to ride with you I live in Woodland hills Cali somebody mentioned you live in santa barbra
if so lets get togather.I have a complete metal working fab shop in my garage .
Mig Tig Plasma drill presses tube bender notcher all air tools everything but no milling and leath but everything else maybe we could work on a tank togather
or something that you need..Email or PM me and we can exchange phone numbers..................Flex Man......Check me out.look at some of my post
just finishing up a project for Sick Bike Parts......

Last edited: