The Resurrection

GoldenMotor.com

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Res•ur•rec•tion the revival of something old or long disused.

Day one: The bike is understood to be a heavily used 1930’s Mercury. Obviously, this bike would have no appeal to anyone as-is. The frame is completely shot for restoration. Franken weld engine mounts were already in place and the rear has been widened a good two inches, the head badge is missing ( Sticker is COOL) as are all other parts to this really old classic Mercury. The calico paint is very thick and peeling. However there is no noted surface-rust.

Attachments

Sledge

Apr 6, 2013
Tacoma
Oh, Did I mention all of these parts were donated to myself by SpaceneedlesSeattle, the founder of Roadhazzards motorized bicyle club of Seattle chapter.

Note: Sledge has built numours motorized bicycles with Labrat.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Oh, Did I mention all of these parts were donated to myself by SpaceneedlesSeattle, the founder of Roadhazzards motorized bicyle club of Seattle chapter.

Note: Sledge has built numours motorized bicycles with Labrat.
MAN!
It would be nice to start a motorized bicycle club here, it would be me, my brother, and that guy outside I talked to at a grocery store one time (long shot) and those other guys I've never met.
Would be nice to meet, ride, swap resources and get patched (lol!), call ourselves the 'MABsters' or something, that would be funny!

Those Harley guys would be 'Rolling Thunder', we'd be 'Rolling static'!

And why do I not have a welder yet, no excuse for that!

That's gonna be a nice bike!

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
MAN!
It would be nice to start a motorized bicycle club here, it would be me, my brother, and that guy outside I talked to at a grocery store one time (long shot) and those other guys I've never met.
Would be nice to meet, ride, swap resources and get patched (lol!), call ourselves the 'MABsters' or something, that would be funny!

Those Harley guys would be 'Rolling Thunder', we'd be 'Rolling static'!

And why do I not have a welder yet, no excuse for that!

That's gonna be a nice bike!
$89 love you long time at Harbor Freight. Itds how alot of us start welding.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Did not see that Sledge had not posted these pix. Just keeping eveyone in the loop here. Sledge used the second curve from the Schwinn the World frame to make a sweeping seatpost that followes the curve of the rear. He has told me of plans to put supports under the post about half way back. Have to see how this turns out.

IMHO this BTR is taking on a SEAMPUNK look! I like it, I like it alot!

Attachments

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
The entry levelt MIG they have is prolly pretty good too, you can get TIG looking results if you practice MIG enough, do good spirals.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Can we get a side shot of the bike? I like your idea with seat post but can't visualize from the angle of the shot,looks good though from what I can see.
Must be real tricky steering the bike with front wheel drive Ha! Ha! LOL!

Last edited:

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Can we get a side shot of the bike? I like your idea with seat post but can't visualize from the angle of the shot,looks good though from what I can see.
Must be real tricky steering the bike with front wheel drive Ha! Ha! LOL!
Here Sledge holding while texting and a close up.

On the front sprocket; I'd like to see it be the brake!

Attachments