The random tandem thus far

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Going through a friend's bik fte pile I came across an old scooter that had the washer stays that fit in the bottom of the dropout slot and the folding mechanism that allows the neck of the scooter to fold down fight against the deck, yielded two perfect pieces of 1/2 inch thick aluminium that fit nice and flat against the fork.

I just gotta bolt the arm to the dropout and strap it and that's outta the way.

It's so close I can almost taste it!!!

Attachments

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Preliminary tests are positive as far as acceleration to the point where the gas motor picks up but the downside is that the ehub will not engage again until I come to a complete stop so there will be no turbo assist after it comes up to speed which appears to be about 22.5 miles an hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sweeeeet, I just scored another tandem and it's in good condition. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Score! ☺

This one I think I'm going to keep a tandem and put a motor on it.

This build was a little bit more than I was prepared to take on but it sure opened my eyes as to what building an electric bike entails.

It's a whole different creature that's for sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: fasteddy

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Need something like that on my cane if it’s light and small. Lol
Do you have access to a 3D printer? If so I found a website that has all kinds of stuff.

Emblems, bike badges, skulls and daggers, knuckle duster... Even snake heads like we were talking about on the other post.

I don't have a link to it immediately available but I will post one asap if you are interested.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
That would be cool on top of a cane.
I'm kinda torn between putting it on a cane or on my bike but because of the lack of high quality parts and lackluster paint job, I think I will put it on my bike to make it just a little more attractive.

Times are tough right now in the art industry as they're not selling a lot of art because of the political climate...

I can't wait until the future president plays his "trump" card and the regime changes.

( I'm not looking for any political statements here so save it for another post. Please and thank you.)

Oh and by the way that is a fish aquarium decoration you can go to your local PetSmart or pet warehouse store and find a bunch of this stuff. It's a hypoallergenic resin compound. I think it would probably be more advantageous to print it 3D because you could choose what type of material you made it out of.

Attachments

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yeah I use grabcad for all sorts of stuff. I have a predator 212 from there too… too early for a build thread however.

Yeah my old coworker had a 3d printer. He printed this fckofftopus and had it waiting for me on my toolbox when I ditched work after Valentine’s Day (^)

Attachments

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Yeah I use grabcad for all sorts of stuff. I have a predator 212 from there too… too early for a build thread however.

Yeah my old coworker had a 3d printer. He printed this fckofftopus and had it waiting for me on my toolbox when I ditched work after Valentine’s Day (^)
Lol that's freaking awesome!

I printed myself up a velocity stack and it works awesome too.

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Just messing around with different parts before I spray paint it.

A friend gave me a pair of Harley-Davidson ape hangers.

As you can tell the bike is rather long. The one sitting next to it is a 26 inch females bike.

I kind of like the way it looks.

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Besides the OEM rivets possibly popping off
It's the fender L bracket that cracks and breaks. Then the fender catches the wheel.
As fender wraps around the wheel the U brace wraps around the axle. It then wedges itself into the wheel causing the rider to fly head first over the handle bars,
Replace the fender L Bracket with a stronger L bracket and or add an extra U brace

Older Bikes made in USA used 2 U braces on each fender so if the fenders mounting brackets broke the fender wouldn't hit the wheel

Last edited: