The craigslist killer didn't get me (this time)

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I responded to an ad on craigslist for someone to move a few things into a horse trailer for 50 bucks. The job took 40 minutes, and I got 50 bucks, a nice lamp, a Fenton glass tray, and 5 VINTAGE runner sleds!

I also escaped with my life.

Thanks for listening,

Joe

dance1

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Almost forgot to add- there was a ladies bike from the 70's as far as I could tell, and a self sealing tube (26"). I left the bike behind as it was in O.K., but not great shape, with two flats and really bad tires.

My question is how long is a self sealing tube good for?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
She on her way to Oregon, or Kansas City. (depending on which story you believe) I am 50 dollars richer, and have a small assortments of old sleds..... Is that what you want a photo of? There's all different kinds of 'em!
:)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey Joe, you wanna help me move a rather heavy, rolled-up carpet and two bags of quick-crete up north to a buddy's rowboat on Lake Superior. Catch is: we gotta have it dropped off at 2 am. What do ya say, 'bout $60?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hey Joe, you wanna help me move a rather heavy, rolled-up carpet and two bags of quick-crete up north to a buddy's rowboat on Lake Superior. Catch is: we gotta have it dropped off at 2 am. What do ya say, 'bout $60?
I am there, does the 60 bux include my gas money? :)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hey - my dad had an old sled with a red arrow on it, like that one in the pic. I wonder what kind those are.

The one with the red arrow is the venerable Flexible Flyer. It's 5" model vintage unknow,=n. There is also a Yankee Clipper a Gladding Champion Fastback, a little one that is not marked, and the larger one with the fancy chrome steering bar and bicycle type hand grips.

Anybody want one? 5 bucks! Local pickup only... :)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice Thrifty use of time and resources. And I love that lamp.. My wife would hate it.

This is kind of what I do. Craigslist jobs, buy/fix/sell flea market items, buy low, sell high on ebay. Handyman stuff. It keeps life interesting, and pays the bills, just barely.

Grongebis

May 8, 2012
Dayton Ohio
This is kind of what I do. Craigslist jobs, buy/fix/sell flea market items, buy low, sell high on ebay. Handyman stuff. It keeps life interesting, and pays the bills, just barely.
I've done a couple craigslist jobs because of boredom.. THey were rather frustrating.. I couldn't imagine doing it all the time. People are too demanding.
I'd end up in a fight, or maybe it would drive me so crazy that I would answer jobs just to murder people. Lol probably not that, I'd probably just stop doing it. But still, complete strangers have a tendency to be pushy and snooty.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

First time I was ever on a sled was on Orchard Avenue in Willoughby Ahaia.
Could have been one of them! lol

Don't see 'em much out here... mostly saucers.
and I could count the snowmobiles on the fingers of one hand!

I'm trying to learn how to search craigslist... it's really hard!
People don't use a word, or mis-spell it, and what your looking for will never show up!
There's great deals out there, but it takes a lot of constant searching to stay on top of things... and then yah gotta RUN with the money to get there first!

Difficult haggling over the price of something, long distance, via emails...
Then, fuel cost puts a crimp in driving over to have a look at things, especially in the low dollar range. Fuel just went up again, today. :-(

Best
rc