The $50 Cruiser. Operational after over a year parked next to a barn

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I used a fist-full of 1/4" steel (slingshot) shot, capped the tank and freaked out the cats for a while shaking it up to clean it out.. had a fun time trying to get all of the shot back out of there, though, due to the shape of the filler neck on the inside of the tank. (There's a lip inside it liked to get caught on - a magnetic pick-up tool rounded up the last of it). Note though that it was a new tank, never had gas in it, so I didn't have to worry about sparks. (I also used the wife's fancy digital kitchen scale to make sure I got out the same amount that went in, no strays).

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Update.

The rear hub was starting to work itself a little loose, so I went through it today. I was surprised at the good condition after so long being ignored.
The sharp eyed among you will notice ball bearings missing- yes, three, on purpose. This was my idea to let the drive gear have slight play on throttle uptake. Seems to work well, no jerky motions.
This grease is something I got from my local bike shop. I can highly recommend it. I ride all year, through anything.

Attachments

Last edited: