Tachometer

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
I'm not sure if this is against policy to post stuff like this but I have found tachometers on wish.com for $3 that they're selling on bikeberry for 39 in case anybody's looking for one. I'm not sure what the shipping is but I know it's a lot cheaper than $39. Just a heads up looking out whatever.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I'm not sure if this is against policy to post stuff like this but I have found tachometers on wish.com for $3 that they're selling on bikeberry for 39 in case anybody's looking for one. I'm not sure what the shipping is but I know it's a lot cheaper than $39. Just a heads up looking out whatever.
Wow it's the cheapo one at that.

Reactions: Wevil Kenevil

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I adjust the timing by ear with an offset key or a star washer... About 1mm of retardation is a good place to start on the china doll... 1mm advance on the 4 stroke 79cc... The gearing and load will determine the sweet spot... Also the cruzing rpm be careful to hold everything in position when tightening up so it doesn't move on you...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
The strength of the magnet the wraps on the coil the CDI the plug wire the plug gap the heat range of the plug are going to have enough difference to make every build a little different... Move it a little bit at a time until you notice a difference.. bad better good excellent ok not so bad worse and back to excellent knowing the parameters... And the carb will need a little adjustment... Same way knowing the RPM and exact timing in degrees is nice to know for reference but it doesn't really matter with these engines because there all going to be a little different...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
With a fixed timing situation... No advance it's not like most engines... There was a Jaguar/Suzuki CDI years ago but the inventor was banned that had advance... He's on Facebook with most everyone else... The forums have only hurt the motorized bicycle development in my opinion... Now that the bad actors are long gone it's never recovered

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
With a fixed timing situation... No advance it's not like most engines... There was a Jaguar/Suzuki CDI years ago but the inventor was banned that had advance... He's on Facebook with most everyone else... The forums have only hurt the motorized bicycle development in my opinion... Now that the bad actors are long gone it's never recovered
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of knowledge that has been amassed by all of my friends here and other places.

You are a knowledge of Fountain bro and I greatly appreciate you thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this post you're all awesome!