SW Missouri newb? OF COURSE I have questions!

GoldenMotor.com

AmericanCthulhu

Apr 3, 2011
SW Missouri
Hey everyone, I've been a forum lurker for a while, while working on my build. Its a Schwinn I have stripped down, painted, installed new springer forks and some big apes. I can't wait to ride it! Looking forward to getting some help with my issues I've been having!

I've almost got my build done, but for some reason, my fuel valve (when screwed into the tank) ends up turned around so the valve is turned in. My bike frame then gets in the way of being able to turn the valve on or off. :-(

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy American. Welcome.
The petcock does not always have to be turned in real hard. Also fuel line tape would change where it ends up, bottomed out. Just a thought. If you leave it turned out a turn or 3, Teflon tape would keep it from leaking. But fuel line tape would be best-er

Post lots of pics!

AmericanCthulhu

Apr 3, 2011
SW Missouri
Thanks Dan! I will post pics soon!

So on the fuel tape front, would that basically bridge the gap left ftom not screwing in the filter into the tank until it bottomed out? Or should I use teflon tape on the threads as well? I am completely new to any sort of small engine stuff, but when I was looking for fuel line tape, it seemed like it would be for patching the outside of the rubber fuel line itself, that whatcha meant?

Thanks again!