still no spark!!!

GoldenMotor.com

MBidiot

Feb 17, 2022
hey this is my first bike build i’ve got a chinese 80cc everything came together fine but i cant get a goddam spark to save my life.

i tested all parts with multi meter magneto good reading, cdi boot reading, but cdi itself no reading?!? ive gone through 3 cdi’s now all no reading is this normal?

the only thing i can think of replacing is the spark plug but it’s brand new how could it be bad?

also, is the magneto supposed to spin with my clutch handle pulled in and bike moving? is that part of the system that creates spark?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Sorry we missed this! Did you get the engine running? If the clutch is adjusted correctly the magnet should not spin with the clutch pulled in.

ChinaGhost

Mar 11, 2022
hey this is my first bike build i’ve got a chinese 80cc everything came together fine but i cant get a goddam spark to save my life.

i tested all parts with multi meter magneto good reading, cdi boot reading, but cdi itself no reading?!? ive gone through 3 cdi’s now all no reading is this normal?

the only thing i can think of replacing is the spark plug but it’s brand new how could it be bad?

also, is the magneto supposed to spin with my clutch handle pulled in and bike moving? is that part of the system that creates spark?
Im rather new myself hopefully I'm not given bad advice here.. Change the plug either way. the ones supplied with the Chinese motor are ****, killswitch cut it, check the Stator wires and maybe replace that ,make sure that it's all in timed together too. I