Start of a new streched cruiser project

GoldenMotor.com

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Ive alway's posted my bikes after their done so i thought i'd post one at the start.

So this is a streched cruiser bike that i stripped down to weld a few gussets.
so here it is so far. I wanted to enter the build off but didnt think with the holidays and all i would have the time and money to finish in time

Attachments

Last edited:

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Hey Bill, It came from XYZ bikes in Torrance Ca. Not the best frame in the world although a friend and myself have been running 2 others of the same frame for a while with no issues.
I just decided to beef this one up for this project.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Well Friday's paint day was a disaster. the whole thing fish-eyed so bad i was unable to salvage it. ive never had it happen so bad, i dont know if was to cold or what the deal was.

so i spent most of last night and (early) this morning stripping the entire bike to bare metal.
This afternoon i re-shot it with a satin black base coat (i almost like the way it looks now enough to leave it like that. i'll sleep on it. heres a couple pics (Thanks to Venice Motor Bikes for the disk brake set up)

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
RV, Those are some really nice looking welds. Having been a machinist my entire life I love it when I see someone is a good craftsman. That will be a sweet looking bike. You have plenty of time to get it in the Builf Off.

John

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Thanx John, I appreciate it.

Norm, yeah did the wheel myself but never want to again. took me about 4 or 5 hours. I ended up buying all new stainless steel spokes cause some were stripped .

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Well Friday's paint day was a disaster. the whole thing fish-eyed so bad i was unable to salvage it. ive never had it happen so bad, i dont know if was to cold or what the deal was.

so i spent most of last night and (early) this morning stripping the entire bike to bare metal.
This afternoon i re-shot it with a satin black base coat (i almost like the way it looks now enough to leave it like that. i'll sleep on it. heres a couple pics (Thanks to Venice Motor Bikes for the disk brake set up)
Hey Rock, What type of welder did you use? Coollaff

dbmxm

Nov 10, 2009
California
How's the skateboard wheel chain tensioner workin' out for you? I had considered trying to groove one for less chain slippage, but if it works without grooving, then game on!