Squirrels

GoldenMotor.com

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Why is it that some people have no problem with squirrels, for years my Dad and now I feed them and watch them really kind of like them,.. but I nor my Dad have never had a squirrel related problem, ever,...?
I have seen that quite often
Like the neighbor feeding the vermin but they decide next door ids the place to nest and destroy
might just be luck of the draw and your house just isn't the one that they wandered into

if they ever do you will find out why others hate them so much
If you ever see first hand the damage they do when they get in a neighbors or friends house you will never give them the remote chance to do it to yours
We did 2 more today one at $900 and one at $500, plus bid on another $1300

I for one have no problem with people feeding them and giving them the chance to help me pay my mortgage

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Thans for the tip on the peppermint oil SB.
Actually, have been thinking of a live trap and then making it into a covered wagon attached to my cars' tailpipe. Most painless and quiet demise I can think of for them. They were eating the fruit on my trees last summer. I didn't mind them until I saw my little apples and peaches disappear.
theirs really nothing painless about asphyxiation :)

if you really want to end them with out causing pain find a way to drug em so they're real loopy first.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
suppose thats less painful since it happens so fast. then again iv'e never been shot to death so i wouldn't know just how fast your pain sensors shut down.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The 17 HMR loaded with Hornady V-Max bullets, give explosive expansion on small game. That being said, humane kills absolutely depend on shot placement. The 17 can excel here also. My bull barreled bolt gun, with 24 power scope, will place 5 shots inside 1/2" at 100 yards, most of the time three shot groups will be touching. I've taken to embedding 12 ga. shells into the berm at 130 yards and shooting the primers.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
How can people die in their sleep from carbon monoxide poisioning if pain is involved? Don't you think you would wake up?
how come you don't feel me tickling your face when you're asleep? don't you realize it tickles?

have you ever broken a bone not realized it n fell asleep while in pain? rolled over laying on your broken arm and not woken up? of course once morning comes it hurts like **** again right?

if you're not conscious you're much less likely to notice anything. of course when you're forced to consciously inhale noxious gases it's a bit different, seeing as your lungs are meant to inhale oxygen.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I can't fall asleep unless my back is racked with pain and that ol bedspring is sticking me in the side. Guess it's all in what you get used to.

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Ah, you too are a believer in "suffer with the one you love". I'm also fond of this life ideology;

"I was born in confusion and raised in turmoil, the one thing I can't stand is peace!"

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
how come you don't feel me tickling your face when you're asleep? don't you realize it tickles?

have you ever broken a bone not realized it n fell asleep while in pain? rolled over laying on your broken arm and not woken up? of course once morning comes it hurts like **** again right?

if you're not conscious you're much less likely to notice anything. of course when you're forced to consciously inhale noxious gases it's a bit different, seeing as your lungs are meant to inhale oxygen.
The problem with this analogy is that the humane gas chambers that pounds have used since the 50's are based on carbon monoxide poisoning
All CM is does is slowly remove O2, which makes you groggy before you succumb

CM poisoning makes you fall asleep and not wake up
It is not uncommon that people die from it in their homes and never realize that they are being poisoned

I have been doing the pest eradication thing for a very long time
it only hurts if you don't get dead, then you get a raging headache

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Enjoyed this thread.
My wife was upset when a childhood friend told her about the countless squirrels we ate as youngsters. She walks in the park and collects acorns to feed them in the backyard.

We were away for two weeks, upon returning a squirrel ran down the wire stopped over her head and made his little chit chit noise at her. No one will ever convince me that it didn't know who was feeding it. My house at that time had alum siding and trim(I have experienced the damage they can do). Little bugger seem to like the insulation on some brands of romex.

The good news is that we have a lot of large hawks. The bad news is we have a very small dog.

Had to shut this one off my 151 and coke, he kept falling out of the tree.

Attachments

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The problem with this analogy is that the humane gas chambers that pounds have used since the 50's are based on carbon monoxide poisoning
All CM is does is slowly remove O2, which makes you groggy before you succumb

CM poisoning makes you fall asleep and not wake up
It is not uncommon that people die from it in their homes and never realize that they are being poisoned

I have been doing the pest eradication thing for a very long time
it only hurts if you don't get dead, then you get a raging headache
I must be a glutton for punishment cause I'll take the headache.