spring loaded tensioner?

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I ordered a 2 stroke 66/80cc kit off Ebay, will the spring loaded tensioner work better than the solid tensioner? thanks in advance

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Definitely, the spring loaded tensioner is way smoother and way quieter. However, as far as performance goes it wont improve much

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
I bought the spring tensioner and spring from Tractor Supply. I just don't know what type of bracket to build to make it work. Any pics on this anyone?

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
thanks, I'll get 1 then... I just want it reliable, and the spring loaded unit taking up the slack should make it moreso... as for performance.. I'm probably going to do some mild engine work if it's not up my standards. ( increase compression, maby bore it and get a custom pistion ect... )

the bike it's going on is a late 60's GrantSport Easy Tour. 26" single speed.. it was a 3spd but the rear axle has been changed to a single speed unit, and only part of the dérailleur is still there.. I just put new brakes, tubes and tires on it prepping it for the conversion.. I restore cars, so this little peice of engineering is nothing to hard for me.. current restoration project is a '51 Chevy Fleetline 4dr

Last edited:

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I got the automatic tensioner from Livefast on Ebay..

that's a nice tensioner, maby I'll get that 1 if this 1 don't work good

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
not running a tensioner at all. just get the chain to the right length.

I've probably posted this pic too many times but I like it :p