Spooky expansion

GoldenMotor.com

xmikex

Oct 30, 2009
socal
i want to know about this also, been looking into getting one for jsurt running without a baffle

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
I put one on and couldn’t be happier with the performance gain and the plug burns much cleaner. You get more smoke at idle but it does clear out at speed and depending on your engine placement you may have crank clearance issues. Yes it is very loud and I love it, it’s not deafening, but just loud enough to let the cars around you know that your there. Oh and I think it looks great.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Thanks 1 low (^)

While I run the SBP pipe - it's good to get a review of another, particularly Spooky's! Didja have crank clearance probs? How did you fix it if ya did? Where in the rpm range did you notice the most change?

Questions... I haz dem :D

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Thanks 1 low (^)

While I run the SBP pipe - it's good to get a review of another, particularly Spooky's! Didja have crank clearance probs? How did you fix it if ya did? Where in the rpm range did you notice the most change?

Questions... I haz dem :D
Hey BA.. How is your SBP pipe? How much more power did you get?

Am seriously considering ordering one..

xct2

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
How much "more" is a tough question as my top speed didn't change much, there's a definite low to mid RPM effect that does wonders for my acceleration. On a 1/8 mile stretch on my way to work I was able to achieve and hold top speed (from a dead stop), whereas before on the stock pipe it was still winding up when I got to my turn.

I wish we had a dyno for this sorta thing lol

Here's some info;
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/skeptics-review-sbp-tuned-pipe-11282.html

...and me runnin' around in circles :D;
http://motorbicycling.com/f15/sound-sbp-expansion-chamber-12466.html

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
The biggest improvement was mid to high rpm I picked up about 4-6mph. as for the crank clearance I widened them about 2” to clear the pull start and gave just enough room, but it probably would be a non issue on a mountain bike frame since on average the engine seems to mount higher

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Interesting - I'd bet the difference is in the length of the header pipe, Spooky's is real short in comparison to the SBP one, which seems to go on forever...

Nice that they effect opposite ends of the powerband, good to have a choice out there for people's different interests! I for one got exactly what I hoped, an increase in acceleration - I can see a lot of folks that'd want top end tho.

(^)

DonnnN

Jun 4, 2009
Singapore
Interesting - I'd bet the difference is in the length of the header pipe, Spooky's is real short in comparison to the SBP one, which seems to go on forever...

Nice that they effect opposite ends of the powerband, good to have a choice out there for people's different interests! I for one got exactly what I hoped, an increase in acceleration - I can see a lot of folks that'd want top end tho.

(^)
Lol i want top end HAHA

xct2

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
That is the beauty of our pipe, it is adjustable, if you want more top end just shorten the pipe..
I just bought the chamber minus the kit from you guys last week to use on my current “boardtracker” project. Really looking forward to comparing the two. By the way I’m very impressed with the quality.

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
For the Spookytooth chamber I moved the carb needle setting to the second notch from the top and run the spark plug at 28 gap and port matched the intake and that made her run like a dream.

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
I have been running the sickbikeparts expansion chamber for 2 months now... it is SOOO worth it for us shift kit boys....

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
The biggest improvement was mid to high rpm I picked up about 4-6mph. as for the crank clearance I widened them about 2” to clear the pull start and gave just enough room, but it probably would be a non issue on a mountain bike frame since on average the engine seems to mount higher
i was thinking of doing this pipe to one of my bikes...it already has plenty of low end so i figured the short tube to the chamber would increase my top end...thanks for the review...im gonna have to try it...oh yeah...did it come with a gasket???or am i making one again

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Mine didn’t come with a gasket. I always use the exhaust gasket that Piston Bikes sells, it’s already pretty close to matching the port and never had one blow out.