spokes and chain!

GoldenMotor.com

Xiodinc

Oct 15, 2009
San Jose CA
Hey all. I'm new here, and just ran into a problem. Uggh!

I started the engine, ran fine, gave it some throttle, and after i stopped, I found out the engine chain fell off the sprocket, and apparently tore off some of the spokes! I was wondering how this happened, and how it could be prevented.

Note: I have the tensioner on, and it fell down when the chain fell.

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Hey all. I'm new here, and just ran into a problem. Uggh!

I started the engine, ran fine, gave it some throttle, and after i stopped, I found out the engine chain fell off the sprocket, and apparently tore off some of the spokes! I was wondering how this happened, and how it could be prevented.

Note: I have the tensioner on, and it fell down when the chain fell.
A few things will cause this to happen firstly ya gotta make sure that the chain will track straight through the idler/tensioner if you using it. check this by standing behind the bike to check its straight.
Secondly make sure your rear sprocket spins straight and true and is also centred around the hub.

Edit, also make sure the tensioner is tight the mount and the wheel, some people screw a self tapper through the mount so it does not turn some weld it on(steel bikes only)

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Ok, I think it must have been my tensioner being too loose. What would be the best Mod for it to stay in place?
Honestly everyone is different my bike is steel and ive made a much better 1 thats spring loaded and i welded it on.

Do a search on chain tensioner there are many different was to do it.