Specialized-BMP build

GoldenMotor.com

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
Well, after not liking the on road experience with my HT (my need to ride at a continuous high speed) i will be converting that bike to wet weather/snow/offroading. So i started a bmp build that will hopefully fulfill my needs. The bike being used is a Specialized Expedition, all aluminum frame 26 inch (tire size) MTB. my BMP kit is on order, as are new tires (http://www.amazon.com/Cheng-Shin-C1218-Street-Black/dp/B000A7RTAC/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1) and a clutch for my engine. I'll be using the HS 52cc mitsubishi tle43 clone. The only thing about the bike that worries me are the Weinmann 519 rims...

cvlt1

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
That Specialized is gonna be a nice ride adb, please keep us posted on it. Weinmann 519 wheels? I don't know anything about them, why are you worried about them?

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
Got my tires (cheng shin C1218, really nice tires) and BMP kit today, the BMP is being painted... should be mounted up and RTR (ready to run, ride, rip, roll...) tomorrow. I'm excited.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
googled em, apparently they have very shoddy spokes....

i love the bike though. the brakes never cease to amaze me
Yeah I checked and there are some bad reviews, but I did find a few good reviews. If it was me (because I am cheap) I would go ahead and use them, you can always upgrade later. I am having my own wheel issues with the BoXer.

Nice tires btw...

Last edited:

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
Went on a 15 mile ride today, it ate up a WHOLE tank of gas in the process... a different engine may be in the near future, and when the time comes, I have a buyer for this one.

Last edited:

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA
Loving this bike... I revised my clutch bushings today, along with installing the spacer i forgot. NO clutch chatter at idle anymore. Tuned the engine, better fuel mileage now. This engine has the same exhaust bolt pattern as an HT... I wonder...