Socal Motor Bicycle Racing @ Willow Springs May 30, 2015

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
We're bringing a bike out of storage for the May 30th race. It's been a long time and we'd like to get back out on the track.

Blayze will be riding this bike in the unlimited class. Scotto, it sounds like there haven't been very many entries in this class. Please bring the king of unlimited so Blayze has someone to race with!
Awesome news that AGK will be back at the races.
You have been missed.

Will have some fast Nopeds for competition too and a fast ebike
all the way from Louisiana.

Only 2 weeks to track time fun at Willow Springs.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey Shane, I thank you for bringing your Son and the monsta bike so I don't have to race against myself......tell him to go easy on me!

It'll be great seeing you guys again at the track, you've been sorely missed.....see you there for sure :)

EDIT: I'm thinking of bringing the 99cc for one of my kids to race as well......we shall see
Scott, here's some fast competition for you and Blayze on the AGK bike.

Coming all the way from Louisiana with his girlfriend that may give
Nashmoto a run for his money in the Midrange class.

Check out those Hookworms on 4" wide rims! :D
Yes, there will be a pedal chain not that a 7000 watt ebike needs it.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scott, here's some fast competition for you and Blayze on the AGK bike.

Coming all the way from Louisiana with his girlfriend that may give
Nashmoto a run for his money in the Midrange class.

Check out those Hookworms on 4" wide rims! :D
Yes, there will be a pedal chain not that a 7000 watt ebike needs it.

You think his girlfriend can beat Nashmoto? Really?

I gotta see this :D

dnut

SuperSean310

Jan 24, 2015
OC California
We'll be there too! We've got our fair share of work to do, but we'll be ready! Looks like alot of competition in the mid range class! Good luck to everyone, see you at the race.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'll be heading out on Friday. Looking forward to my second race.
How did you do at Grange at the last race? :)
What was your race #?

Put a front caliper brake on the front wheel for your sake
and better lap times! :D

Lots of stuff to do, access roads to ride around to see all
the action at Willow Springs Raceway.

We are racing on the 0.6 mile Kart track in the red square.

Last edited:

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
NEIL AND ALL-

With plenty of lead time--- maybe it can be coordinated---

that some of the more video/phone/gopro --cinematic participants -- you know who you are -

in a reporter like fashion will slowly and unabashedly walk the pits with a slow lingering panning shot of all
of the participating vehicles (roller skates to surf boards)
and ask a few questions from the participants regarding their entry/entries!!!

Along with the on the track race footage and stills is well worth creating for the benefit of all concerned interested followers
and those of us unable to attend.

RIDE SAFE

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
NEIL AND ALL-

With plenty of lead time--- maybe it can be coordinated---

that some of the more video/phone/gopro --cinematic participants -- you know who you are -
in a reporter like fashion will slowly and unabashedly walk the pits with a slow lingering panning shot of all
of the participating vehicles (roller skates to surf boards)
and ask a few questions from the participants regarding their entry/entries!!!

Along with the on the track race footage and stills is well worth creating for the benefit of all concerned interested followers
and those of us unable to attend.

RIDE SAFE
Buba......with a whopping 6 days lead time, I suggest you hop on a plane and attend this event so you can capture it in full surround mindset, make an epic full-length motorized bike movie (like "On Any Sunday") and retire with millions of dollars!

Just a thought.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My good friend Tony will be attending this event (he was at the last event also)......he's the guy walking next to #3

and bringing this bike

as well as a brand spanking new 125cc MotoPed......

(pic soon)

Watch for him in the pits......

dnut

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Scotto- I knew there was someone to do the deed....
no one is better able to ask and receive the most important and interesting information specific to all aspects of every participant's entry than you.
Put your internet ready phone or go-pro on a store bought or self made magic stick and let's see and hear from the players.
I know your great bikes will be ready to fly and will not need any fiddling with.

Ride Safe

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto- I knew there was someone to do the deed....
no one is better able to ask and receive the most important and interesting information specific to all aspects of every participant's entry than you.
Put your internet ready phone or go-pro on a store bought or self made magic stick and let's see and hear from the players.
I know your great bikes will be ready to fly and will not need any fiddling with.

Ride Safe
Umm, Bob.......I've got some racing to do so I won't have much time to chat and document this event unfortunately. Perhaps one of my Son's could do the task (if they aren't racing and even show up), but I appoint you, so get on a plane and spend a luxurious weekend in the high desert of Lancaster.

Don't forget your video cam and note pad :D Just think of the fame and money you could make off such an amazing event! Build it and they will come.

Riding and Racing safe.....#3 scotto-

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
News Flash! I talked to Maxvision today and he's excited to finally make it to this event. I hope he gets his Morini going to add to the crazy 2-stroke madness at this fine event!

dance1

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I am sorry to report that I won't be able to make the race this Saturday.

I am switching over to a bully-type clutch with chain drive and I can not get the secondary chain drive to function properly. The chain is pulling my rear axle out of alignment, I will have to devise some sort of axle adjusting bolt.

I hope everyone has a great time

Gilbert

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I am sorry to report that I won't be able to make the race this Saturday.

I am switching over to a bully-type clutch with chain drive and I can not get the secondary chain drive to function properly. The chain is pulling my rear axle out of alignment, I will have to devise some sort of axle adjusting bolt.

I hope everyone has a great time

Gilbert
What? You have three days before the race Gilbert, go down to the bike shop and invest in a pair of adjusters (bmx standard part)......$7-$35 and you'll be good to go.

We'll see you in the pits now get to work! There are no excuses for not showing up, sorry there just aren't! Would you care to race ( as in pilot...not against :D ) my 99cc Predator? It will be there for you if that's what it takes, and I mean it.......seriously.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks Scotto,

Your right, I should not give up. I entered my shed tonight with new resolve. I shortened some chains, got enough room for store bought axle adjusters I had, gave another go at getting my jackshaft aligned square, and I think the chain alignment looks good, although I wouldn't really know. I have never run chain drive before.

I will also need to re-braze my fuel tank. It's leaking..., again. That will happen tomorrow when I get a new oxygen tank. So possible test run tomorrow night.

Thanks for the positive attitude, and if my bike does not end up working, I will gladly take you up on the offer of your 99cc bike, unless one of your sons or family is planning on riding it. I wouldn't want to bump someone off their ride.

Gilbert

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scotto,

Your right, I should not give up. I entered my shed tonight with new resolve. I shortened some chains, got enough room for store bought axle adjusters I had, gave another go at getting my jackshaft aligned square, and I think the chain alignment looks good, although I wouldn't really know. I have never run chain drive before.

I will also need to re-braze my fuel tank. It's leaking..., again. That will happen tomorrow when I get a new oxygen tank. So possible test run tomorrow night.

Thanks for the positive attitude, and if my bike does not end up working, I will gladly take you up on the offer of your 99cc bike, unless one of your sons or family is planning on riding it. I wouldn't want to bump someone off their ride.

Gilbert
Oh yeah.......much better tune there, very glad to hear this! I'm sure you can pull it together before race day (we usually do somehow). So far 3 of my 4 son's will not be able to make this one, unless the last of the 4 cannot make it (which is very likely, unfortunately), I'll be racing the 99cc myself.

If it boils down to all that and you just can't get your bike going as you want it, the 99cc will be there for you and you might just like it! That would save a lot of wear and tear on my old body as well :D

Regardless, I expect too see you and all of our compadres, as well as many, many newcomers at this Willow event!!!

Let's RACE! (and spectate safely as we can)

Keep us posted, we will see you there!

scotto-

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And please note everyone on motorized vehicles at this race......go as fast as you want on the race track, but keep your speed down to

5 MPH in the pits!!!

I cannot stress this enough and am not trying to be an authority or ass about this but at every race I've been to people want to show off, wheelie and go bullistic racing up and down pit row......please don't do it cuz it's un-cool and innocent bystanders could get seriously hurt or killed! Please understand this and use your head......thank you.

Fast on the track.......Slow in the Pit area's!!!

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
drunk pit racers in the 60's i was their, stoned in the 70's, coked up in the 80's, all three in the 90's seen it all, i saw a guy in glamis that looked backwards more than forward at the roost of his paddles ran right into my truck, took home a new quad that weekend. some people learn the hard way.