So Cal Race on Oct. 22 at Grange

GoldenMotor.com

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here
bury the hatchet -resolve the differences privately - make peace and lets go
an event certainly is not easy to organize and pull off and we all have our personalities -- no one excluded--no hard feelings--the more events the better for people to meet ride and get further involved and the longer be it weekend or longer the greater the chances people will come from far and wide and the greater the chances this may grow into the motorsport some are interested in it becoming
it starts with the fun- build mass and it may work - the more fun at this time the better

safe riding everyone

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
buba here
bury the hatchet -resolve the differences privately - make peace and lets go
an event certainly is not easy to organize and pull off and we all have our personalities -- no one excluded--no hard feelings--the more events the better for people to meet ride and get further involved and the longer be it weekend or longer the greater the chances people will come from far and wide and the greater the chances this may grow into the motorsport some are interested in it becoming
it starts with the fun- build mass and it may work - the more fun at this time the better

safe riding everyone
I wanted to say just what Buba said...very well put.. lets move on and RACE

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
You may not like the promoters attitude, he may not have the best P.R. campaign, however, he is the only person or entity that is organizing MB races.

The last race was BLAST!
The next one will be even better!!
Actually that is incorrect. I've personally driven to Tuscon to race the 'Death race' and met many California racers there. Bairdco, Piston Bike Parts Crew, Culver City Classics, Shaolin, AGK, just to name a few. And yes, Dave was at the Willow race....

My bike is in pieces, but it'll be ready for the 'Grange'.

It'll be the bike with the #1 plate....

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here's my bike.....it's not in pieces, I just have to figure out how to motorize. If not, I'll just pedal as hard as I can just like I did at the last Death Race.

It will have the #3 plate on it that you won't be able to see from behind :D

dnut

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Racing is fun! and seeing what mods I can pull off before an event is a challenge, as I am a scrap pile do it your self-er. So for me an event is a two or three month long run up to the big day- (now that's the hobby for me) I'll be at Grange with stuff you haven't seen can't buy on line! and that's what it all about so you there it will be a blast!

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Racing is fun! and seeing what mods I can pull off before an event is a challenge, as I am a scrap pile do it your self-er. So for me an event is a two or three month long run up to the big day- (now that's the hobby for me) I'll be at Grange with stuff you haven't seen can't buy on line! and that's what it all about so you there it will be a blast!
Same here. After the Willow race I relaxed for a couple of weeks then my brother magrider and myself started working on my bike. My bike was unridable for the last 3 weeks or so and I finished putting it all together a few days ago and just tuned it. I still need to replace the brake pads and tires but other than that it's ready for race day.

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Same here. After the Willow race I relaxed for a couple of weeks then my brother magrider and myself started working on my bike. My bike was unridable for the last 3 weeks or so and I finished putting it all together a few days ago and just tuned it. I still need to replace the brake pads and tires but other than that it's ready for race day.
My bike is down the cdi build needs a scr hope to be up and running tonight cross your fingers and then the spark curve dial-in so then I can make the rear gear choice and lastly if there's time before the event a "FUEL" mod and dial-in and and and and it never ends.
In the further there will be some new castings and a crank shaft swap, I don't want to show up with the same old stuff- racing should drive innovation!

Last edited:

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Got it running the cdi will be dialed-in tomorrow the rohmell cdi build and coil cost me less then $15.00 and taught me so much about electronics.
I'm starting to get the pre-race jones, like a kid before Xmas. This is just too much fun and the best is yet to come!

strotter

Aug 7, 2008
I just got back from vacation at Lake Tahoe (6500) where I rode my MB. It felt like half throttle when I gave it full throttle. Didn't want to make a change because I was only there for 5 days. (plus I didn't have any jets)

Altitude for the Apple Valley race is 3245.

I live at sea level. Do I need to re-jet my carb for the race??

If so, (stupid question here) do I need a bigger jet?

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
I just got back from vacation at Lake Tahoe (6500) where I rode my MB. It felt like half throttle when I gave it full throttle. Didn't want to make a change because I was only there for 5 days. (plus I didn't have any jets)

Altitude for the Apple Valley race is 3245.

I live at sea level. Do I need to re-jet my carb for the race??

If so, (stupid question here) do I need a bigger jet?
less air should be matched with less gas-I'm it 1,600ft. with a NT I like a loosely drilled 76 jet

Samford&Son

Apr 26, 2011
Riverside, Ca
hahahah...now this is a race thread....i love the bench racing and showmanship...and now with these kinds words behind me....

GET USED TO EATING MY DUST, SCOTTO!! haha...i look forward to seeing that number 3 plate behind me!
= P

anyways, i have to figure out what outfit im going to debut at the Grange...

LETS RACE!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'd rather eat dust than the pavement.....good luck! Be sure not to wear a tie that is too long.....don't want it to get caught in my spokes as I'm flying past you!

brnot

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Re: May the Most Tenacious Win

Hmmm,

Talk about a motor with more beans, why there's 50% more beans in that ther' can!

You'll see my backside butt smell no exhast.

haha Will.shft.

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
Re: May the Most Tenacious Win

Hmmm,

Talk about a motor with more beans, why there's 50% more beans in that ther' can!

You'll see my backside butt smell no exhast.

haha Will.shft.
I teas but I met this dude at Willow Springs and I think SoSauty is a good egg! and E-bikes are neat
zpt

dand

Jan 19, 2011
El Segundo
Lot's of talkin goin on Ducedave! I've done some work on little red and think i'll stay a little closer to you this time. You gonna be able to get a clean start this time? I am just off the north slope and should be home soon. Im buildin a new 4 stroke but dont know if it will be done in time for Grange..wee.