sneak peak of acme V twin

GoldenMotor.com

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Yes this sounds totally great to me.

With two Cylinders there is actually a chance for true Balance in the Crankshaft.

Yippie.

You guys rock!!

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
i feel confident that when we release the V twin it will be a reliable engine. we could of half assed it and dumped it on the market already, instead we are taking the time to get it right. yes it will still be based on the HT, which if properly maintained is a prety good little engine, it won't be a power house, adding another cylinder won't double the HP, it will probably make less than 3 HP. i'm disappointed that people would want to shoot down the project before it really gets started. we're not asking people to buy in with pre payed down payments or anything like that, after it's developed and proven we will offer it for sale.
Do you get more torque out of it instead of hp? if im even thinking right.

P.S. ILL BUY ONE!
.bf.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
i dont mean to be a and youve already heard this but how hard would it be to pull the intake through the crankcase? and go with a big carb? i dunno just asked but if your already building the case eather way i w.a.n.t.one right

Last edited by a moderator:

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Also, would this not essentially double the displacement? If so it would not be legal in most states for the 50cc moped laws. Many seem to stay with the HT engines for just that reason. Just curious if you had a specific niche market for this?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The niche market would be boardtrackers & replicas, and just about anyone droolin' fer a small & affordable twin (like the chopper folks). Anyone that's put the work into building a custom frame, tank, and the various accessories for a convincing replica would also prolly be willing to suffer through the DMV and register as a home built motorcycle.

1914 Indian

and just cause it popped up and I thought it was neat, a 1920 boardtrack race in Florida;
YouTube - Indian Board Track Racing at Daytona

As you can see, although this guy did a beautiful job with the custom frame & tank - the HT looks out of place and kinda spoils the effect a bit;

Attachments

Last edited:

Toecutter66

Nov 27, 2009
Potomac Falls VA
I know I am a little late to this party, and it looks like it is going to be a sweet motor. But have you considered modifying the case to look like a 45 degree v-twin, but have one of the cylinders be a "dummy"? Make the rear cylinder empty/whatever, and have the motor run on the front only? You could also make bolt on castings that look like real antique v-twin primarys, points covers etc?

It would still be "legal" as a motorized bike, not have the problems of synching two, two stroke motors, etc.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
yess we have concidered a fake cylindar and turning it into a batterie ive allso concidered building a electric with the bateries and motor inside the fake cases.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
i feel confident that when we release the V twin it will be a reliable engine. we could of half assed it and dumped it on the market already, instead we are taking the time to get it right. yes it will still be based on the HT, which if properly maintained is a prety good little engine, it won't be a power house, adding another cylinder won't double the HP, it will probably make less than 3 HP. i'm disappointed that people would want to shoot down the project before it really gets started. we're not asking people to buy in with pre payed down payments or anything like that, after it's developed and proven we will offer it for sale.
Really less than 3hp? What does the HT put out stock?
I thought the 66cc was around 3hp.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
hears a pic of the ignition ive ben working on for the v twin. its simple to build for the DIYer. it fires both cylindars at the same time. the experements ive ben doing with the timeing and carburation is the only way to time the engin with a singue carb. it just wont run right any other way because of the reversion. the hot set up is to run the engin with both cylindars in the forward position and run two carbs.

Attachments

nowramfg

Dec 3, 2009
Canada
hears a pic of the ignition ive ben working on for the v twin. its simple to build for the DIYer. it fires both cylindars at the same time. the experements ive ben doing with the timeing and carburation is the only way to time the engin with a singue carb. it just wont run right any other way because of the reversion. the hot set up is to run the engin with both cylindars in the forward position and run two carbs.
Did you try hooking them together with a toothed belt?
I think some multi engined drag bikes have done that successfully.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Did you try hooking them together with a toothed belt?
I think some multi engined drag bikes have done that successfully.
Good point, like timing belts on cars. Those last a long time. Would probably way outlast the life of the engines.

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
ill get some picks up of the other side of the engin. the crank gears are conected by the clutch gear. the picks will help explane.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I don't understand why you would want to fire both cylinders at the same time that means the the pistons are at the top at the same time.
One of the advantages of the twin is that you can put the cranks any position you want, thus find the spot that eliminates the vibration. The Yamaha twin puts one up and one down that way you get a fire every half rotation. If you put the cranks at 90 degree that would put it in the same balance as a Ducati. Just a thought.
You have to run two carbs on a two stroke, the pulses foil the intake if you try to run only one. Have fun, Dave

Last edited:

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
your corect on the reversion part .with two carbs the motor can be ran at vurtuily eney timing of the cranks. its just how you want to put the motor together. i just like how it looks with one carb and with one carb the crank hasto be the same. with the cranks that i have (im not sure how far out of balance they are )the sweet set up is two stock carbs, exaust chambers, 15 deg more ignition timing and the cranks at 45 deg apart. iv tryed it all but i still like the way it looks withe one carb.